What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team will imrpove the most in 04

I don't think the Cowboys, they just never seem to be able to take the next step.

Saints will be the big improvers IMO. They couldn't possibly be as bad as they were last season.

simon says

First Grade
I say the Cowboys every year bu they were that close last year and have improve in key positions....they should go very close.

And Saints?????You would think with the roster that they SHOULD go well but my gut instinct tells me they wont and my head tells me that Nathan Brown just doesnt have what it takes to take them to the top 8.

After seeing a top coach like Sheens in action close up I realize how far off this Brown is.

Meth

Staff member
Eels- should be in the top eight this year. They were threatening to slip in at the laast hurdle last season (the token mathematical chance) and, when they have their top team on the paddock, they can score tries from all over the park.

Tigers are not far away and should improve on last year....Benji Marshall is an exciting prospect, and I'm glad to see Sheens is biding his time with him.

Canberra will have a strong season

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Tigers for mine, Sharks and Cowboys to improve too. Warriors and Raiders are alreay up there but could go one better.

ibeme

First Grade
I think the team that will improve the MOST will either be the Eels, Tigers or Dragons. All were outside the eight last year with the Eels and Dragons both underperforming. The Eels are very capable of finishing in the top four, and the dragons could finish well inside the top eight.

The Tigers could wedge themselves firmly in the top eight also which would count as a wholesale improvement, because not many think that they underachieved last year in finishing well outside the eight.

SaintTPP

First Grade
I am saying that the Cowboys will be improver's this year, and also Souths (there's only one way for them and thats up). I hope the Tigers do well also, because they did well in the Sevens but that comp is a whole different story to the NRL Premiership....just look at Parra last year.

Macca

Coach
Rooster Cogburn. said:
The Roosters will be the big improvers in 2004. They will dominate the comp in a way that hasn't been seen since 1975.

You are an idiot. You can improve only one spot, how can you be the "big" improvers? You have no concept of anything outside Bondi Junction do you?

For me it will be St. Geo - Illa (I can't believe I said that), the Eels and the Sharks.

Booyah

Bench
I'd like to think Souths might pull their thumbs out of their arse and improve - but it probably wont happen. I'm also sick of saying how much NQ qill improve - and they don't.

This year I'm going to be totally new and creative and say Wests will be big improvers.

Wests, Cronulla and - dare I say it - Saints.

Bozza 1980

Juniors
The Eels will be the improvers of 04!!

With the full strength team on the park they are hard to beat, will win more than they lose.

Will be there when the big matches are being played this year.

Meth

Staff member
I think that the Dragons will threaten the eight.

The Sharks have a bit too much of a dark political cloud hanging over them to really thrive this year IMO

Mark Rudd

Juniors
With a possible team like this, Storm will improve from 5th to 1st and will take the title....again.

1. Robbie Ross
2. Steve Turner
3. Steve Bell
4. Billy Slater
5. Fifita Moala
6. Matty Geyer
7. Matt Orford
8. Robbie Kearns
9. Cameron Smith
10. Kirk 'the beard' Reynoldson
11. Peter Robinson
12. Stephen Kearney