What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which team would be the worst for your mental health to support?

Worst team to support?

• Dragons

• Eels

• Knights

• Raiders

• Titans

• Warriors

• Tigers

Results are only viewable after voting.

Danish

Referee
tbh I think 95% of raiders fans here sort of gone through the being driven mad by this club and have come out the other end of it with acceptance of this the club and situation for what it is.

For the most part we just try to get what humour (even at our own expense) and joy we can (love bumping the sticky thread after a gritty 14-10 win over an injury plagued tigers team!), where we can knowing it’s fleeting

skeepe is the other 5%

Skeepe does wreck the curve a bit.

although he single handedly makes the match day threads must read

St.George Illawarra Dragons fans must be on a waiting list for their local loony asylum after suffering with McGregor and Hook back to back as coaches of their team for the last 10 years!!

glockers

Juniors
On behalf of Tigers fans we are just worn down a bit by the length of the finals drought and persistance on Brooks for a decade. Mentally though we are used to not doing much and don't have expectations.

I think Parra not even having a title since George Michael and Madonna were cool combined with thwn constantly teasing theg are title chances yet failing would be much worse for your mental and cardiac health.

glockers

Juniors
Tigers fans however (at least my mates anyway) genuinely genuinely believe the club has turned a corner at the start of every season and point to pre season player purchases as validity of their optimism despite being let down year on year. A Tigers membership pack should come with a warning like you see on cigarette packs. When applying for health cover, the insures should make ‘ are you a Tigers fan?’ one of the questions.
I don't believe this is true for most switched on fans. We tend to be sceptical of the hype each year. The Sheens appointment was not taken well. I've had people comment to me this preseason we were going to be good. I immediately went back to them its the Tigers and we still have the same halfback so I doubt it.

MrBlack

Juniors
Got to be the Tigers....

1. Luke Brooks
2. Semi Final Drought
3. All those 9th place finishes
4. All the hype this year to still be in last place (despite the Dolphins entering the comp)
5. Luke Brooks

Special mention to long suffering Parra fans who still cant crack a GF win despite their roster.

Meth

Staff member
I voted Raiders, in response to the initial question 'which would be the worst team for your mental health'. That's on account of the wackiness- and my team is not far behind in that regard.

That is a different question through, from 'who is worst to support'- currently, that's the Tigers.

MrBlack

Juniors

Apey

Staff member

MugaB

Coach
After tonights efforts (if there was any supporters)
The roosters.... all star globtrotters of the league, yet get pumped by 44

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I voted Raiders, in response to the initial question 'which would be the worst team for your mental health'. That's on account of the wackiness- and my team is not far behind in that regard.

That is a different question through, from 'who is worst to support'- currently, that's the Tigers.

Yeah I agree there is a distinction

I've followed some pretty rubbish Raiders teams and it's fine. The Raiders of the stick era have legitimately sent me insane when we are probably on the whole better overall.

After tonights efforts (if there was any supporters)
The roosters.... all star globtrotters of the league, yet get pumped by 44
Vossy said there was some good support for us out there last night. Anyhow, we appreciate this window closed but another will open. It always does. I’ve been lucky enough to see half a dozen premierships and know more will come.

Apey

Staff member
Apey's Round 12 Review

Dragons - won their game and in the process managed to drop two places to 17th. An overall win by sacking their coach though
Eels - Huge upset win over form team from the first 11 rounds, prepping nicely for a big run that ends in more misery for the fans
Knights - never looked like winning and look to be heading for another bottom 4 finish after a few good games earlier in the year, there is not a single positive thing to look forward to for the fans right now except the next BYE
Raiders - 5 game winning streak, playing to go equal first, at home against one of the worst teams in the comp - get absolutely thrashed. Raiders/10
Titans - another collapse but it was close game and I was surprised they were favourites anyway
Warriors - had the BYE, you lucky bastards. They're going pretty well this year anyway
Tigers - I am actually envious of your game this week. Unfortunately though, Brooks is going to re-sign. A classic one step forwards and two steps backwards kind of deal.

This week's lucky losers - Tigers. Great win.
Outstanding achievement in the field of excellence for continuing their fans suffering - Knights, just edging out Raiders

nick87

Coach
You wont find many Raiders fans who didnt see today's result coming... we won 5 in a row on a very soft draw and DCE and Turbo has consistently killed the Raiders

Not quite Benji level but our record against them is really bad
This had all the ingrediants of a classic Raiders let down, and let down is maybe not the right phrase because we're really not that good

Latest posts