What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which two players, forward and back, would you most want!

Corbin

Juniors
im a roosters fan so no1 we already got....
we dnt need johns...

Karmichael hunt dunno where and Anasta to take over not replace! no1 will ever replace freddie......

nqboy

First Grade
Lockyer and O'Meley or Price. We also need quicker, more penetrative centres and a better half but our needs are greater where I've picked.

Kris_man

Bench
wow, there's some amazingly weird entries in here. I don't know how you can go past the ones i mentioned.

General Knight

Juniors
When you say which two players would you want, do you mean players that were off contract this season or just any player?

General Knight

Juniors
Well if it was anyone I'd say Darren Albert and Mark O'Meley. If was trying to be realistic I'd want Scott Donald since we are lacking speed in the backs and Carl Webb, with the loss of BK we need someone with the beast to take over.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
back - amos roberts to tear his contract up with the roosters!
forward - sonny-bill williams or neville costigan. cant split em.

We better resign Jamie Soward(will make hunt and sonny bill look second rate)
and Rauhihi (would compliment morley and crocker nicely in the forwards.

miccle

Bench
SB Williams - (look to the future - a pack in five years consisting of Thaiday, Learoyd, Costigan, Stagg, Mapp and Williams is just massive)

Slater - Again has a huge future. Can you imagine Lockyer and Seymour having Hunt, Berro and Slater as their options each game? Phew!

Tommy Smith

Referee
bulldogs = #1 said:
rufus youngblood said:
We better resign Jamie Soward(will make hunt and sonny bill look second rate)

Huge call... considering at the moment hes only in Jersey Flegg
Who are undefeated...so he must be doing soemthing right! Also, everyone has to start off somewhere.

Anonymous

Juniors
Sonny Bill and Nathan Hindmarsh as Hybrid said.

Then I'd move Sonny Bill into the forwards. Back row of Bronson Harrison, Sonny Bill and Nathan Hindmarsh = Best in the game. If only :(

xSirapNotlihx

Juniors
Back

Most of the great teams in the modern era have had a great half in their team: Langer (92,93,97,98 ), Stuart (89,90,94), Johns (97,01), this is the reason why I vote little Matty Orford as the player I would most want today looking at the backline.

Matt Orford - Orford is only 26 and entering his prime, IMO, he is the best thing outside a fit Andrew Johns and Craig Gower in the 7 jersey. With Johns still to answer many questions upon his return, and Gower himself one who can pick up an injury, Orford may just be a rep player next season. He plays in the Langer mould, he makes plays happen through individual brilliance and works brilliantly with five-eight Scott Hill. Put him inside one Darren Lockyer taking a lot of the defensive focus off Lockyer, we would have one of the great halves pairings if this was to ever eventuate. He is easily my 'fantasy' buy.

Forward

Given I am a Bronco fan who remains very happy with the juniors coming though in the forwards (Thaiday, Learoyd, Stagg, Wyatt etc), I found myself looking for an 80 minute player, someone to replace the great Tallis with the same leadership qualities. I could not go past the guy I have nominated.

Craig Fitzgibbon - With Nathan Hindmarsh, this guy is the best forward in the game IMO and got the nod over Hindmarsh as he can score you a bucket load of points who is a more than capable replacement for the UK bound Mick Devere. A workhorse, a gamebreaker...Fitzgibbon is just an awesome talent who inspires those around him ala' Gordan Tallis (look at Origin series for evidence).