What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Am I ???

parra pete

Referee
Gronk said:
Well the Bear played First Grade for Penriff before he came across to Parra. So I guess if he played his junior footy as a local junior, then your possibly right.

Keith Campbell was the first player to come through the Parra ranks and play a test.

Wronk, Gronk. The Bear played his first first grade game with Parra...
He was graded at Parra in 1966, and made his debut just after his 18th Birthday in 1967.

bartman

Immortal
Wow this thread's taken off in the past day! Just to wrap up...

Gronk said:
1. Speedway
2. Cricket
3. Athletics
4. Horse Racing
5. Motor Cycle Racing
6. Rugby League
7. Rugby Union

8. Soccer
9. Boomerang throwing ;-)

Not bad Gronk, I didn't have Motor Cycles (or at least not separate to Speedway), and I didn't have Soccer. 6/8.

parra pete said:
Referee Baiting and intoxication were two of my favourites..Ah the memories...I loved the Hill at Cumberland, scoreboard end, near the back gate....Tooheys Flag Ale..ICY COLD..The pitfalls of youth...
Definitely speedway, league, union.
4/8 PP, including a bonus point for naming a beer that was extinct before most people here were born ;-)

Parra Guru said:
Rugby League
Rugby Union
Athletics
Cricket
Racing

AFL
Soccer
LaCrosse

Didn't have AFL, Soccer, or LaCrosse PG, for 5/8. Doesn't mean they didn't happen of course, just that I haven't found proof...

The two I had in addition to the six listed above were:
Boxing, and
a Surf Club grandstand (?), the first built on the site in 1850 which implies that people might have used it as a base to go "surfing" in the river behind...

http://www.parramattastadium.com.au/article.phtml?artid=13