What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you Tipping in the Grand Final

Who are you going for in the Grand Final

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

misty

Juniors
I would like/love/want the panthers to win BUT I think the Roosters are too strong for them :evil: DAMN IT!

Kaz

junior
Danish Moo Cow said:
"Going for" and "tipping" are two totally different things.

No, I am going for & tipping Penrith.

So that is the SAME. :D

Matt23

Staff member
Can Penrith save us from another year of smug Roosters? Miracles do happen, lets prey for another one! :D

Gower Priddis Girdler Cambell Wesser Rooney Clinton and the bruise brothers in the second row-there is enough talent there to get the job done. Plenty of kicks along the ground[not like princess anastas kicks last night :shock: ]
Wouldnt the people of penrith with fairly long memories of Fittler walking out on them-95/96 love to rub his face in it on this grand final day
GO THE PANTHER! :D :D

Matt23

Staff member
Yeah thats another reason i want Penrith to get up...just to see the looks on jughead fittler & goose goulds faces :lol:

Alex28

Coach
"going for" and "tipping" are completely different...

i'm "going" for the panthers because i hate the roosters.

i'm "tipping" the roosters because if an inept attack like the warriors today can put 20 on them and unlucky not to put probably another 12 at least on them, then the roosters will put 60 on them. the panthers wont have enough ball to score points...

the heart is with the panthers but i'm smart enough to know they have bugger all chance of winning...

Kaz

junior
Alex28 said:
"going for" and "tipping" are completely different...

i'm "going" for the panthers because i hate the roosters.

i'm "tipping" the roosters because if an inept attack like the warriors today can put 20 on them and unlucky not to put probably another 12 at least on them, then the roosters will put 60 on them. the panthers wont have enough ball to score points...

the heart is with the panthers but i'm smart enough to know they have bugger all chance of winning...

And remember the GF in 2001. Eels were the favourites & we all know who won the game.

Alex28

Coach
different situation...parramatta was the unproven quantity in 2001 - the knights had finals experience and won a premiership with a fair number of the squad that won in 1997.

this year the roosters have the grand final winning experience and the panthers have one player who has grand final experience - but more importantly their defence is awful.

Big Tim

First Grade
Ok, seriously Alex, you say that the Panthers have no gf experience.

In 97 what players of ours had experience? Who did we play? Old stats are just that, old.

The panthers have a great side and I see that many of their players are better than the Roosters one on one. They have been the best team all year, hence them being Minor Premiers, and I believe that they will take it all they way. So much so in fact that I am even backing them on the juicy price of $2.45.

antonius

Coach
I will be cheering for the Panthers, I want to see Potato heads face implode ( what an ugly picture that conjures up ) As to who will win, before yesterdays game I was tipping the Goosters to beat the Warriors in the GF. The Panthers were impressive yesterday, but the Goosters defence is a lot better than the Warriors, and so is their attack, I would be surprised, but overjoyed if Penrith win. I'm tipping the Goosters.

Doctor

Bench
I want to see Potato heads face implode

I thought it already had :-s - I'd hate to see it after it has imploded :-&

As for the match - The Panthers are who I'm going for - they're much like Newcastle in that they're working class, a good side with no individual brilliance, and they're big-time underdogs.

I think the Roosters will be disappointed to lose this one - they have everything going for them, except the underdog tag. It will be a victory for all rugby league fans except Roosters fans (all two or three of them) if the Panthers can get up.

It will also prove how dreadfully hopeless Phil Gould is - not only will his side lose at the final hurdle, he will have been 100% wrong in the footy-tips - he predicted the Panthers would be wooden-spooners this year - how wrong he is.

Go the Panthers.

iluvmatt

Juniors
im goin for the peny panthers to win this one!!! i hope they can deliver the goods for their fans (and us too, cause i dont want the roosters to win again!!!) but i have a feeling that the roosters will get home once again. god i hope this feeling is wrong!! :?

PANTHERS 2003.........KNIGHTS 2004!!! :D :D

Latest posts