What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who did you support in 1994?

Who did you support in 1994?

• Total voters

ramble_on

Juniors
Knights....

Had you asked about '74 I'd have said Dragons but gave up support of all league in '81 due to events at local level... Began support again in the Knights inaugural year...

I can't understand these fairweather wankers that jump ship whenever they feel it is necessarry. With the exceptions, of course of those that changed clubs because their club was booted out of the N.R.L.

Who did I support in 1994??? I'm sorry, but for me it's just a totally f*cking dumb arse question! :lol:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Illawarra. Given how lonely they look with their single vote, I'll also mention my second team was the Seagulls (grew up no the Tweed). The amusing/ironic thing is that back then I hated St. George, not a Brisbane/Manly utter-loathing sort of hate, but I still didn't like them (I thought their supporters were the most arrogant after the Broncos). How times change. ;) :D

Interesting to note the poor old Seagulls. Growing up in the area, it was bleedingly obvious very few of the locals in the Gold Coast-Tweed area had any love for them, except perhaps in a pitying the underdog sort of way. Contrast this with the strong support the Titans have. Shows just what an awesome job they did in setting the new club up.

IanG

Coach
Interesting to note the poor old Seagulls. Growing up in the area, it was bleedingly obvious very few of the locals in the Gold Coast-Tweed area had any love for them, except perhaps in a pitying the underdog sort of way. Contrast this with the strong support the Titans have. Shows just what an awesome job they did in setting the new club up.

True. Mind you they also stated in their blueprint that the demographic there has changed too. I've been surprised by the success so far of the Titans. Cuz when they announced that the 16th team would be the Gold Coast I was a bit cynical about it. Mainly cuz they'd had incarnations there before and never had much success.

Big Time

Juniors
St George Dragons. A young Gorden Tallis was making a name for himself back then. Can't remember if the great Chooky Herron was playing back then.

mongoose

Coach
raiders of course... what a year to be a raiders fan. We won 11 in a row and blew every team to kingdom come. Lost to the dogs by 1 point in an epic semi final then steamrolled them in the big one and sent Mal off a winner.

Paullyboy

Coach
I find it embarrassing that people were Raiders fans back then just because we were winning. I hate bandwagoners more than anything else in sport, and to think they were involved with my team makes me feel all dirty.

Stick to jumping on and off the Roosters and Rabbitohs please.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Knights since '88

Used to visit my Grandparents when they were living in Newie and my old man couldnt stand my step-nan so he always made sure we visited them on a Sunday when the Knights were playing at home so he had an excuse to get away from the caustic old mole.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs :)

It was the first Grand Final I attended also. I was 8 years old in 94. 95 was an ever better year!

When I was younger I also didn't mind the Raiders, Bears & Rabbitohs

I find it embarrassing that people were Raiders fans back then just because we were winning. I hate bandwagoners more than anything else in sport, and to think they were involved with my team makes me feel all dirty.

Stick to jumping on and off the Roosters and Rabbitohs please.

I feel the exact same way. The fact we won this poll makes me want to vomit.

Chook Norris

First Grade
was only 1 year old in 94.. but i'd like to think that i've been supporting the Chooks since my inception into this world :)

MsStorm

Bench
No one in 1994...started watching rugby league on telly then and fell in love with the game.
Of course when Melb. got their own team, that did it for me...
Love the Storm and would never ever jump off their bandwagon.:D