What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who else loves the Commonwealth Games?

Anonymous

Juniors
I just had a look on the Commonwealth games website to see how many medals we won in 2002....

Wait for it.....

Australia won 207 Medals, with 82Gold, 62 Silver, and 63 Bronze.

Who else can't wait for Melbourne 2006???????

Anonymous

Juniors
How? By proving how Micky Mouse the whole concept is? Who cares? It's our chance to whomp the British in a non-cricket setting :lol:

c_eagle

Juniors
Timbo said:
How? By proving how Micky Mouse the whole concept is? Who cares? It's our chance to whomp the British in a non-cricket setting :lol:

We could seriously win Gold in every single event.

Canada likes it because we come third overall, and it gives our athletes some international experience. We also have the Pan-American Games, which are dominated by the US of course, but we still do ok in them. It's these Olympics where we have trouble.

c_eagle

Juniors
CanadianSteve said:
Canada likes it because we come third overall, and it gives our athletes some international experience. We also have the Pan-American Games, which are dominated by the US of course, but we still do ok in them. It's these Olympics where we have trouble.

Surely you guys can challenge the Brits.

GB Lion

Juniors
I like the COmmonwealth games.....but only cos britain win more golds than they would normally do at the olympics :lol: :lol: 8)

Where are the 2010 Commonwealth games being held?

weasel

First Grade
I was watching the women's basketball this morning and they mentioned that the sport will be featuring at the next Commonwealth Games. And after we mauled the two New Zealand sides in consecutive days I'd say that's another two golds to look forward to.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a big fan fan of any sports that the Aussies compete in

bring it on

c_eagle said:
Timbo said:

interesting fact i found out yesterday, at the st louis olympics america won every gold except one!

Bomber

Bench
Having 500-odd atheletes out of 600 helped their cause.....

And 40 of the 100 foreign atheletes were Canadian

c_eagle

Juniors
douglasallen91 said:
c_eagle said:
Timbo said:

interesting fact i found out yesterday, at the st louis olympics america won every gold except one!

I've heard a few fishy stories about that particular olympic games. It was run head to head (or very close to) St. Louis' World's Fair. The Worlds Fair, back in the early 20th century, was ALOT bigger than the Olympic Games. Those Olympics were considered a giant flop while the World's Fair was a humungous success. I suppose history shows which event lasted the test of time.

t-ba

Post Whore
St Louis games were a crock.

The British sent some rowing teams for the Regatta but the Americans complained they weren't from a rowing 'club'. So the american officials promptly banned them from competition and America proceeded to sweep all before them! (Other Americans...)

Latest posts