What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who have Souths signed for 2006?

Wobbygong

First Grade
I heard Piggins interviewed on Sports Tonight last night, gibbering on about some big signings the club has made? I know you guys are in the market for some players, but I thought old George would have been a little more careful in what he said publicly given the official June deadline has not yet passed and that he is inferring that deals "have" been done. He obviously didn't name names, but old George is the last person (if I were Shane Richardson) I'd tell because he has never been able to keep quiet about things.

I heard Anasta is still a big chance for you guys, maybe also Mason??? There may be some other mercenaries out there looking to get on the bunny's gravy train.

Mr Saab

Referee
manoa thompson
jason bell
michael andrews
brett goldspink
shane wilson
Vai Taliai
david bayssari

Seano

Juniors
I heard Eion Croissan was looking for a run, he was pretty good in his day (hell hes probably still better than Wattsy!)

Criswell

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
manoa thompson
jason bell
michael andrews
brett goldspink
shane wilson
Vai Taliai
david bayssari

I'd take Manoa and Andrews in a flash.

Also Taliai scored a lenght of the field try against the Chooks......doubt if anyone in our backline could do that now............:rolleyes:

Spike

First Grade
One a more serious note, the bunnies have been quoted to say that are interested in signing Wigan's Brian Carney

Bumble

First Grade
Criswell said:
I'd take Manoa and Andrews in a flash.

Also Taliai scored a lenght of the field try against the Chooks......doubt if anyone in our backline could do that now............:rolleyes:

What a try that was.

Ray Warren "Oh, Taliai goes through them like a hot knife through butter!"

fccasual

Juniors
Spike said:
One a more serious note, the bunnies have been quoted to say that are interested in signing Wigan's Brian Carney

on his day the guy is quality, just picking up to many little knocks and injuries at present maybe just a phase of bad luck.

markstan

Juniors
Souths are going to need to get players who are going to cover the loss of Fletcher etc and also sign a back or two so you will have more depth. You must get someone who can kick. This is paramount, Since souths have been back they haven't had a single person that has been able to kick.The general kicking game now is a must and the fact you dont have one virtually quaters your scoring potential. Admittedly there isn't anyone in the NRL with remotley good kicking abilities. However Monaghan is quite ok, you could do a lot worse than go after him. As far as Forwards you probably go chasing the Broncos trio of Parker, Mapp, and Stagg? as well as maybe O'Hara, n Cayless.

Even though you do have, supposedly massive funds it's probably not going to be practical to give out ridiculous contracts just for the sake of it. I really do hope Souths dont offer Anasta, Mason and Carney contracts close to 1/2 a Mil p/y. It will only set you back in the long term. Top Priority for you is a general kicker, some depth in the backs maybe Geyer, and some forwards.

Alba

Coach
Ashley hasnt signed yet and he isnt going to until he sees who is signing up at Souths it says in the Big League this week .. :( i hope he stays .. i know he hasnt been a bunny for that long but it feels like if we lose him we lose alot of heart :cry:

markstan

Juniors
It is dire straits when your best player is waiting on who your going to pick up jee i feel sorry for you.On that note im also a bit mystified why no one seems to want to go to Souths there is a perfect chance to go to a Big kind of club, if you can bring success your basically assured of hero status on the Eastern Seaboard! Sure souths aren't doing well but the fact they dont seem to be attracting any names at all, is mystifying. Sure i can understand people wanting to go to good teams but there probably going to get more recognition if they bring up a side thats struggling.

I haven't seen a lot of Carney but how is a Winger going to be some magical signing when you dont even have a halfback? Souths take note you need someone with a decent kicking game, Yes all Nrl players kick pritty crap however 2 of the better kicks are off contract, there both Halfbacks and you must be after them! Monaghan without doubt the best kick in the NRL and Orford who on his day can destroy any team. Anasta is good but he isn't a first string kicker.

Franko

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
I heard Piggins interviewed on Sports Tonight last night, gibbering on about some big signings the club has made? I know you guys are in the market for some players, but I thought old George would have been a little more careful in what he said publicly given the official June deadline has not yet passed and that he is inferring that deals "have" been done. He obviously didn't name names, but old George is the last person (if I were Shane Richardson) I'd tell because he has never been able to keep quiet about things.

I heard Anasta is still a big chance for you guys, maybe also Mason??? There may be some other mercenaries out there looking to get on the bunny's gravy train.

Perhaps it might be that they're pommies. Brian Carney and Paul Scaulthorpe are still being banded around.

Sculthorpe will stay because he is now the GB captain and Carney would have to be insane to go to Souths he is the best winger in the world and could pretty much walk into any NRL club.

parra pete

Referee
Brett Goldspink coach of Riverina in 2005. Captain coach of Tumut for the past three seasons. You could do a lot worse than him. He would still give good value. At least as good as Craig Smith at Newcastle...

Franko

Juniors
parra pete said:
Brett Goldspink coach of Riverina in 2005. Captain coach of Tumut for the past three seasons. You could do a lot worse than him. He would still give good value. At least as good as Craig Smith at Newcastle...

I liked Brett Goldspink back in 1994 when he was at Souths. He might be getting a bit long in the tooth now. Must admit i was a very big fan of his when at Souths.

I actually work with cousin Kerri in Sydney.