What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is favoured to win NL1?

bartman

Immortal
Will be a cracker of a grand final - I hope it's televised again... this time I can watch those games without York crumbling in the last 10mins!

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Well, I'm always confident so I'll have to predict a Castleford win this Sunday...I know Halifax have been on a good run of form etc, but they haven't really impressed me that much this season. People will disagree with me but they've lost a few points against mid table teams. It wasn't that long ago that a few Fax supporters were saying they wouldn't go to anymore away games till the coach was sacked!

Ok, I'll put it another way-they have had 2 stunning wins against Whitehaven, and now Hull KR, full credit to them. However, they've struggled against Barrow, struggled against Featherstone, lost to Rochdale, lost to Doncaster a few times. Castleford are unbeaten at home this season, so whatever happens it should be a great game. These words might come back to haunt me but thats the way I see it right now.

Onto the final, IF Cas get there I'm not confident about our chances. 18-0 up against Haven and we should have played out our sets, dropped a goal etc but we bottled it, the same way we bottled the NR Final. I think Haven now have a mental advantage over us as well.

bartman

Immortal
Week 3 - Final Elimator Result
Castleford 15 - Halifax 12

Cas Tries:
M Platt, D Blanch
Cas Goals:
R Fletcher 2, S Crouch (HT, what's Steve Crouch doing taking kicks at goal? :?)
Cas Drops:
P Handforth

Fax Tries:
R Sheriffe, A Kirk
Fax Goals:
P Weisner 2

Grand Final next week:
Whitehaven v Castleford

at Halton Stadium (Widnes)
- expecting announcement on whether two teams have met criteria for Superleague this week
- if so, winner will take Widnes' place in Superleague XI (2006)

bartman

Immortal
Cheers One Hit.

I love the regional radio commentry. So biased for the local teams, no matter where you tune in. :lol:

bartman

Immortal
And just to finish off...

Grand Final Result - 9 October 2005
Castleford 36 Whitehaven 8

Cas tries: C Huby, S Crouch, D Blanch, B Davis 2, T Haughey
Cas goals: R Fletcher 2, C Huby 3, J Hepworth
Haven tries: D Seeds, C Calvert

Half time score: Cas 26-0... all over
played at Halton Stadium Widnes
along with NL2 Grand Final
Crowd: 13,300 (sold out)

Castleford in Superleague XI for 2006. Whitehaven now two successive grand final defeats stay in NL1.