What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is mundine kidding?

Broncodroid

Juniors
No club should put themselves in a position where an individual thinks he is calling the shots...to be blunt, no team should sign Anthony Mundine to their team for all of what? 10-12 games! IMO it will take him at least that long to find his bearings again and that's a minimum...add to that he needs to put on some weight to cope with the week to week hits, signing Mundine will only prove to be a disruption.

The argument, "he will be good for the game blah blah" for the simple fact he attracts attention with his big mouth is something I ain't subscribing too either. We do not need an attention grabbing "there is an 'I' in team" loudmouth when we have guys like Slater, Lockyer, Sonny-Bill, Bowen, Wesser, Stewart etc. doing their talking on the field each week.

The whole "I want to comeback to league" BS is simply Mundine covering himself in the event he loses another title shot which will basically bring an end to future big pay dates...IF he loses, he can bring the excuse "My head was not right, I was jiving with the league cats who would not leave me alone trying to chase the greatest five-eight of his time..."

Stick to boxing, win, lose or draw...

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I agree with you there, playa. This whole saga has soured since The Man stated he will only play for the remainder of the season. If he had been more committing, I would have welcomed his return. Very unfortunate.

taxidriver

Coach
When Choc first made his intentions know I thought o myself that if the Kessler camp had half a brain, the fight would be delayed to piss Choc off and gain a psychological edge.

IMO Choc erred by going public as early as he did and has ended up jeopordising the fight and a league comeback.

borat

Bench
The truth is that there are a string of clubs lined up to secure his services even for 10-12 games because he was that good a player. He is only 30 and in peak physical condition and IMO he will be more than happy to play for peanuts because the publicity that his return to league will generate will more than compensate. If he loses to Kessler he returns to league fulltime and plays on next year on a far bigger contract, if he wins he won't need to defend his title for 12 months so why not have a crack at league again. He won't have many more opportunites to do so at 30 and it will keep him in good nick. But the publicity he will get out of it will be worth its weight in gold.

What do the clubs get, a very cheap player who in his prime was awesome. So why not.

Jordan

Juniors
Didn't he say on the Footy Show that he had another 4 or 5 years left in him? :roll:

He's full of it... The whole thing was just a big publicity stunt.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I'd have him at Parra in an instant. He'd certainly be a major boost to us winning another Jersey Flegg title!

Kingytek

Juniors
Mundine:
It's not, What can Rugby League can do for me, it's what I can do for Rugby League.......
I give him credit for having confidence and being a supreme athlete but we have to put the game of rugby league before the goals of 1 Anythony 'The Man' Mundine

Darth Bobo

ngap said:
Meanwhile Mundine will travel to Auckland to support Kiwi boxer Shane Cameron in his IBF Australasian heavyweight title fight with Australian Colin Wilson on Friday night.

Mundine is also expected to commentate for New Zealand television at the fight.
smh[/quote]

It's good to see a proud Australian supporting another in thier sport of choice.

So basically he is going over to another country to support thier local while he tries to beat another Australian.

Who the hell would want somebody like that having anything to do with your club?!?

I'm looking forward to seeing him badly beaten by Kessler and then turn around and say he was distracted from all the football talk. I will give you the tip right now, Mundine never had any hope against Kessler and all the talk of football after the fight goes to prove it. He doesnt want to devote all his energy into boxing because he knows it's a lost cause against Kessler and Green.

The less we hear from this tool the better.

Mr Saab

Referee
this was all a publicity stunt to boost sales for his fight with kessler...those than cant see that are blind.
Shame kessler is out now anthony.

boxboy

Juniors
Dennis Fitzgerald said it perfectly when there was talk of the eels being interested.
" we are not a one man team " Well said. :clap:

Forget the Gold Coast, maybe Mundine could be the extra team :D

_Johnsy

Referee
What a joke. I hope like all hell the saints dont sign him !!!

Where would he play bench or wing ???

1/2 Head by a mile, 5/8 Barrett by a mile, Centres Gasnier & Cooper by a f**king country mile (potentially the best club pairing in the nrl) fullback Hornby anyday of the week. That leaves wing or bench I cant see mundine wanting either of those possies.

nospam49 said:
Im thinking of just playing in the Origin series this year.

Anyone else got similar plans they want to reveal?

I am just comming on the kangaroo tour and thats it! Bugger club footy!

SaintArsenal

Juniors
Darth Bobo said:
ngap said:
Meanwhile Mundine will travel to Auckland to support Kiwi boxer Shane Cameron in his IBF Australasian heavyweight title fight with Australian Colin Wilson on Friday night.

Mundine is also expected to commentate for New Zealand television at the fight.
smh

It's good to see a proud Australian supporting another in thier sport of choice.

So basically he is going over to another country to support thier local while he tries to beat another Australian.

Who the hell would want somebody like that having anything to do with your club?!?

I'm looking forward to seeing him badly beaten by Kessler and then turn around and say he was distracted from all the football talk. I will give you the tip right now, Mundine never had any hope against Kessler and all the talk of football after the fight goes to prove it. He doesnt want to devote all his energy into boxing because he knows it's a lost cause against Kessler and Green.

The less we hear from this tool the better.[/quote]

Did you support Mundine when he was up against international fighters? Or are you only going for Kessler because Choc is supposedly supporting a Kiwi?
By the way, what is so good about Danny Green? What titles has he won to prove to people that he is the best super middleweight in the world? Everyone thought Green was going to be untouchable before the 1st Beyer fight, well he's won f**k all!
But you've given us 'the tip' that he would have no chance against Kessler and Green so you must have experience in the sport of boxing or you're selective in what you think are credible or believable articles.

Darth Bobo

I thought Mundane was a tool before he left league for boxing and he has done nothing in the meantime to prove otherwise. I've never supported him in any of his fights.

When did I say Green was the best middlewight in the world? The only mention I made of Green was that I thought Mundane stood no chance against him. I personally think Kessler would beat Green aswell based on Danny's last effort.

So you don't see anything wrong with a high profile sportsman going overseas to support an opposing fighter? You don't have any trouble seeing Wally Lewis or Brad Fittler wearing a Great Britain jersey and cheering for them next time we play?

I'm referring to that as an example of his lack of loyalty to anybody but himself and who would want a player like that coming into a successful club in the run up to the finals?

Latest posts