What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is our worst ever signing?

Who has been our worst ever signing?

• Tyran Smith

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Nathan Barnes

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Matt Rua

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Craig Frawley

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Brad Drew

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Graham Appo

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Darren Mapp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Odell Manuel

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Sione Faumuina

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jed

First Grade
I've gone Tyran Smith. Drew did have some (very few) great moments, and I can't remember seeing the others play all that much. Collela wasn't bad when he actually played.

Frawley's definitely a dud signing at the moment, but once he can string a few games together (if he can???), he could be a half-decent buy.

One of my favorite "duds" was Peter Penia - the players last week voted Anasta the most over-rated player, but surely Penia must've been the most over-hyped player of all time.

Macko8

Juniors
Jerome Guisett( french bastard that played 1 game)
matt rua didnt even play a game for us did he????

ausraider

Juniors
Macko8 said:
Jerome Guisett( french bastard that played 1 game)
matt rua didnt even play a game for us did he????

Rua I think after joining the Raiders, quit the very next day.At the time thought he could have been a decent buy though.

Timbo

Staff member
albi said:
I remember a guy named Mark Asbock. Saw him play one game, then never saw him again. Who the hell was he, and what happened to him?

Mark Asbock was a local junior, and is still running around in the Canberra Raiders Cup somewhere.

ausraider

Juniors
Brad Drew no doubt here.So much expectation delivered nothing.Apart from couple of half decent things during his short stay was hopeless.In Tired's class have one good game and back it up with 13 bad ones.Now that I have mentioned Tired it's surely very hard to separate the two.

Macko8

Juniors
does anyone remember that dude from france....Jerome Guisett?? or something like that...i think he played 1 friday night game with the raiders than pissed off.

ausraider

Juniors
Macko8 said:
does anyone remember that dude from france....Jerome Guisett?? or something like that...i think he played 1 friday night game with the raiders than pissed off.

Can't even vaguely remember this guy.Was this when Mal was coach?

dubby

Bench
Ian gately, circa 1992. Played the preseason, never saw him again. peter Penia rates high, as does Nathan Barnes. Hell, all of them were shockers, except maybe tyran, nobody knows for sure what he is paid so lay off him.I tink Tyrans errror rate is what bugs all of us, but he is a decent player.

Macko8

Juniors
ausraider said:
Can't even vaguely remember this guy.Was this when Mal was coach?

yea it was when mal was coach...its a while back prolly 98 or 99 season. Jerome Guisett...prop forward

FullySick

Juniors
I was really excited about Rua!
Him and Wiki in the same team OUCH...then everything turned to $*&! when Rua evacuated.

ausraider

Juniors
Macko8 said:
yea it was when mal was coach...its a while back prolly 98 or 99 season. Jerome Guisett...prop forward

Little nugety guy.Must have thought this was a some French back yard league.So when he copped a few in the first outing I think he made the right decision.Some of todays props would have killed him.

Macko8

Juniors
ausraider said:
Little nugety guy.Must have thought this was a some French back yard league.So when he copped a few in the first outing I think he made the right decision.Some of todays props would have killed him.

yeah haha that'd be him....he kinda played like todd payten...therefore he wasnt much of a player.

ausraider

Juniors
Timbo said:
Mark Asbock was a local junior, and is still running around in the Canberra Raiders Cup somewhere.

Let me guess this guy is what in football terms about 266 years old.Can't believe the prick is still alive.

Timbo

Staff member
Asbock only played for us 2 or 3 seasons ago he wasn't that old then either.

ausraider

Juniors
Timbo said:
Asbock only played for us 2 or 3 seasons ago he wasn't that old then either.

Can't remember that name so thought he must have been a raider while back.Thanz for the info.lol

Evergreen

Juniors
My vote goes to Justin Morgan. Only good thing he did for us was the swaying ten-pin during that infamous post-try celebration. :lol: :lol:

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Did Matt Rua ever actually play a game for the Raiders? I'd say the worst signing was some guy from Souths we bought last year, cant remember his name...i think it was Jamie something.

Latest posts