What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the best backline defender in the game?

Rambo

Juniors
Whatuira? Don't think so. Doesn't make many tackles in a game and usually comes up with a few misses.

Not sure on Cooper either. Remember v storm round 2 I think. Bell brushed him off with ease I seem to recall.

Can't go past Bowman.

I always think that the fullback (when called into action) has the toughest defensive job of all, defending linebreaks against him, while also in-goal grubbers, bombs etc (along with wingers). If you're fullback is suspect in defence, once your line is broken, goodnight. He doesn't always have to make the tackle, he can also herd the attackers just enough to allow his defence to catch up. Two different styles of defence.

In the line - Bowman.

Fullback - Patten & Peachey (yes, peachey)

aussies1st

Staff member
If you're going for best fullback defender Clinton Schifcofske should be right up there. He pulls of some rippers at the back

Raider_69

Post Whore
forget right up there if you looking at fullbacks and defence, its schif 1st and dayling rounding out the podium IMO

Red Bear

Referee
Clint Greenshields looks good in defence
However wing its bloody hard to defend on, you dont have anyone outside you.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Andrew Johns, will monster someone again soon. Lincoln Withers always looked pretty good, the Mad dog could hit hard as well.

Big Mick

Referee
1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Matt Cooper
3. Paul Bowman
4. Isola Soliola
5. Matt King
6. Trent Barrett
7. Andrew Johns

Dog-E

Juniors
Can't go past Francis Meli for pure INTIMIDATORY, brute force, myself!!!

He may get caught out at times - but on the flipside - he often forces mistakes on players having a sneaky peep - and seeing Meli thundering down on them at a hundred miles an hour!

Just about cancel one another out....

That poor #18 he nailed for Canberra just on this past weekend - Oh MYYY!!!!! :lol:

If anyone has a GIF or video file for that - I would LOVE to see that one again!! :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
Think is was robbo, credit to him, i dont like him too much but the tough bugger got straight up with no side effects

Latest posts