What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the greatest prop forward New Zealand has produced?

Who is the greatest prop forward New Zealand has produced?

• Jared Warea-Hargreaves

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Jesse Bromwich

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Sam Moa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathan Cayless

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jason Cayless

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Ben Matulino

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Sam Kasiano

• Dane Sorenson

• Adam Blair

• Joe Vagana

• Sam Rapira

• another player

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFrog

Coach
Ruben Wiki was not primarily a prop. His career with Canberra Raiders, when he won a Grand Final playing with Mal Meninga, Brett Mullins, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Ken Nagas and Noa Nadruku, was primarily played at centre.

Later he moved into the forwards.
Wiki made the move into the forwards at the end of 1998. At the time he had played 98 of his 311 first grade games. A couple of years he played in the backrow, but for at least half his career he was a prop. I'd say NZ haven't produced many better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kurt Sorenson, Wiki and Asotasi in his prime would be the three most memorable in my time watching RL.

oh and Mark Broadhurst who would have to be the toughest Kiwi I saw play for my club. He had a cracking right hook on him!

The last year that Asotasi was at the Dogs, he was destroying opposition teams.

He had his moments at Souths but he never found the same consistency as he had that year.

Wiki was a beast. Probably hit harder than any other forward that I can remember. Maybe only Toni Carroll could match him for impact in a tackle over the last 20 or so years.

None of the unlisted individuals so popular on this thread, like Tamati, Broadhurst, and Lomax, could ever have laid on a try in the way that Jared Warea-Hargreaves did this season.