What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the NBA's clutch shooter?

El Coconuto

Bench
With the game on the line, whose hands would you want the ball in? I hate to say it, but for me, Kobe Bryant with Tim Duncan trailing a close second.

How about you folks?

Morenito

Juniors
If this was 5 or 10 years ago and if the game was at madison square garden

reggie miller...even though i dont really like him, but i got to give him credit. Clutch performer!

edabomb

First Grade
Fred Hoiberg is clutch. I think he will display this, given Cassells health, I think the Wolves will get the best record in the league and make the Conference finals vs San Antonio. All I can say is whenever I see him take a big shot he makes it. Kobe is good at getting his shot off, but I think he will struggle to ever get back to the level he was at. The rape affir will take its toll on him mentally IMO, plus hes got no legit 2nd option.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Yeah I agree, as much as I hate to admit it, Kobe has been clutch of late hitting some ridiculous shots.

Reggie was great at his peak, Morenito your post reminded me of the Ewing vs Rik Smits showdown. :lol: Good times.

I have to echo others here - I don't like Kobe, but who else regularly hits shots like he did in the Finals in the Lakers 1 win. Reggie Miller was great in the 90s, and of course so was Jordan - he hit one to win the NCAA title as a freshman, hit a huge one against the Cavs in the late 80s in a playoff, and hit the game-winners in his last 2 championships against the Jazz. And he hit many many others in his career.

In the 80s Larry Bird was the most feared clutch shooter.

Mr Saab

Referee
Mighty Tiger said:
I would go Kidd out of the current bunch if of course he can stay injury free

kidd? he aint no clutch shooter!!! his field goal %age is shocking.

As for Kobe, he is ok in the crunch, but nothing surpasses the likes of Bird, Reggie, MJ, or even Magic.

I dont see anyone of todays players that can touch those guys for CLUTCH shooting

thewizard1o1

Juniors
NVE, if he was fit....seen this guy hit some HUGE shots over the years (esp. at Denver 8) ). But if only 1 point was needed i would go with Timmy Duncan.

Mr Saab

Referee
thewizard1o1 said:
NVE, if he was fit....seen this guy hit some HUGE shots over the years (esp. at Denver 8) ). But if only 1 point was needed i would go with Timmy Duncan.

who could forget his 3 pointer in 1994/5 vs the spurs in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Game 4 and the game on the line, the ball is tipped out to Nick the Quick Van Exel and he swishes a running 3 pointer.

Jonotallica

Juniors
Yeah Kidd ain't no clutch shooter. I remember a game against the Grizz in NJ where he a needed a 2 to win it. He dribbled left of the key, and jumped into Williams or Watson, and initiated contact deliberately and bricked the shot, it might have even air balled.

Everyone knows (especially veterens like Kidd) that when the game is on the line the refs aren't going to want to call a foul unless its really blatant. He was playing for a foul, which showed how confident he was of making the midrange buzzerbeater.

I agree about Kobe Charlie, but amongst the players of today he is one of the best. He made two clutch threes in one game in Portland in the last regular season game for the Lakers to get them above Sac into 2nd seed. But he doesn't compare to the likes of Bird, Jordan, Magic even Van Excel. Those guys epitomsed the word clutch! :shock:

Of todays players I think Wade has a lot of potential for being a clutch shooter. The play he did on Baron Davis in the first round of the playoffs to get the win was outstanding. Paired with Shaq this season, Wade will get alot of clutch opportunities, it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

For a few years in the playoffs Robert Horry hit a lot of clutch 3's for the Lakers.

Possibly the best of all time was the man they called Mr. Clutch - Jerry West.

J-Man

Juniors
Ray Allen is the best shooter in the league, but in the clutch I'd give the ball to Reggie Miller.

CanadianSteve said:
For a few years in the playoffs Robert Horry hit a lot of clutch 3's for the Lakers.

Possibly the best of all time was the man they called Mr. Clutch - Jerry West.

Horry, still doing it.

Latest posts