What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the second best team in the world ?

OVP

Coach
Everyone, and quite rightly, regards Brazil as number 1 in football.

So who is number two ?

My vote goes to The Netherlands. Id love to see them win ... they are as talented in attack as Brazil and if need be, as good at defence as Germany. Theyve got IT !! The worst thing about the last World Cup is that freaking Ireland and Portugal beat them for a place. No such luck this time !!

Who's yours ? And please ... for the sake of ridicule, DONT say Italy or Spain. Theyve never had anything :p.

anjado

Juniors
The Netherlands
just its so close
you have
Argentina,France,England,Italy,Spain,Portugal,Germany,Czech Republic
they are all teams who can win the world cup Providing Spain and Czech Republic
qualify of course

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Holland are different this time around.

Van Basten has changed their style and they are not accepting ill discipline or any crap now. Furthermore, if you don't play regular club football, you don't play, which means young, unknown players like Dirk Kujit are getting an opportunity and taking it with both hands.

They can win it.

DB

First Grade
Argentina,France,England,Italy,Spain,Portugal,Germ any,Czech Republic
i wouldnt really say england at this stage. didnt they get drilled 4-1 by denmark

Tommy Smith

Referee
lilbaz07 said:
i wouldnt really say england at this stage. didnt they get drilled 4-1 by denmark
Why just highlight England. It is ridiculous to suggest any of England, France, Germany, Italy and definately Spain (who would be lucky to be amongst ther top 20 teams in the world) are the 2nd best behind Brazil.

Germany are as bad as they've been for decades. Attrocious football team. France are also going through a bad patch. And italy are forver underachieving.

For mine the 2nd best would have to be one of the Czechs, Holland, Portugal or Argentina.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Jono078 said:
I like Netherlands.

Havent seen them recently, but I like them.
Alot of people share the same opinion. Havent seen them for a while but like them.

Theres something about the Dutch and football that people just like...
personally i think its because of the distinctive orange kit and the lingering memories of Cruyff and more recently van Basten and Gullit.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Too hard to say. I tkink it will take an individual piece of brilliance to make the difference in the WC final.

I haven't really heard much about the dutch being that good but I guess so many of you can't be wrong - not really :) Any team at the top of the pile in Europe could win it and the same can be said for the South American teams.

weasel

First Grade
Germany may be complete rubbish now, but don't discount them for 2006, world cups are their speciality; they were dump at WC2002 as well, but thanks to all the upsets going on around them they didn't come up against top class opposition until the final, and even assed their way through in the games against lesser opponents mainly thanks to Ballack and Kahn. Anyway, playing at home this time I think they will produce another good challenge, doubt they will have the same fortune as last time but may go as far as the semis.

DB

First Grade
ven though i highlighted england, i believe you cannot tell until after the world cup

watto

Juniors
I think the Netherlands. They have a great team instinct instilled in them. They play for each other but also have individuals who can pull of great things at any given times.
But in saying that any top team can come together and win the World Cup

sydraider

First Grade
Portugal are specials for an upset in 06 ;-)

The socceroos are my first team but since we havent made a world cup since I have been watching them (since 82) Germany have been my team as well as croatia.
Dont mind the dutch either, their best chance that they blew was in the semi in 94, they had brazil by the balls and let the game slip in the second half, I was gutted I cant stand Brazil.