What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Your Favourite NBA Team?

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
Can't blame you. He's been pretty abysmal, and to think LeBron James tonight scored 38 points shooting over 50% (I think) and also grabbed rebounds AND dished the ball. It's a bit worrying seeing asthough they were both in a similar position after their rookie seasons.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Melo's off season was a disaster, and he his showing signs of Kobe syndrome...(any word on when Kobe will takeover as GM of the Lakers? :roll: )...Although last night Melo done alot better and was a little less trigger happy. Although we are 1-3 atm our games haven't been the easiest (Lakers, Twolves, Jazz, Jazz) and loseing Vo hurt bad. Hopefully if someone can find some range and Kmart gets the ball more we can turn this thing around!

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
If there was some way Denver could get a player like Wally Sczerbiak or Mike Miller that team would be set for the season. Also depends on if Carmelo stops doing the Antoine Walker impersonations and KMart adapts to life in the West.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
I can't see either of them being avilable to us....there is alot of talk of Michael Redd comming this offseason, which would be a great fit...

Casey Jacobson is the tip if any is to be done...

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
I've not heard any rumours about it, but the Lakers might be persuaded to deal Kareem Rush. They didn't pick up the option on his contract, but he is a capable player and fantastic shooter just stuck behind Kobe Kupchak.

That being said, Casey is disgruntled (apparentely) in Phoenix... the Michael Redd signing would be a big one, but do Denver have the cap space for it? They did take on Kenyon Martin's contract, and they'd have to start saving cap at some point for when Carmelo's rookie contract is up.

thewizard1o1

Juniors
Rush would be very nice player to slot into the two guard....just depends weather Kobe Kupchak wants him traded or not...

Since Vo will miss the whole season we can buy out his contract for next to nothing, which will mean that we could have around $8 million in cap space, and with a new CBA purse strings might be a bit tight around the league.

Mr Saab

Referee
LaCuna Coil said:
Can't blame you. He's been pretty abysmal, and to think LeBron James tonight scored 38 points shooting over 50% (I think) and also grabbed rebounds AND dished the ball. It's a bit worrying seeing asthough they were both in a similar position after their rookie seasons.

lebron scored 17 in the 4th to bring the cavs back from the dead to force OT and win.
Carmelo...the jury is still out on that guy. :?

Charlie Saab said:
CanadianSteve said:
Olajuwon was very good in the 86 Finals, in his 2nd year playing against Parish, Walton, McHale and Bird. I always wondered, if he had been as good then as he was later, at his peak when the Rockets won in 95, could the Rockets have beaten the mighty Celtics in 86?

on paper???????? no chance...it would have been a 4-0 sweep to the celtics.
Bird, Mchale, Parish, Ainge, Johnson...Walton off the bench. Celtics were on fire in 86.
Rockets with Carl Herrera, Kenny Smith, Maxwell, Mario Ellie, Horry (had a good 1995 in the playoffs and finals)
I dont know how the Rockets did what they did in 1995 :?: , but its in the record books as they say.

No, I meant if you could take the 95 Olajuwan, when he was playing unbelievable basketball, and put him into that 86 series, could the 86 Rockets have won. After all, as good as the Celts were, it did go 6 games.

For that matter, though, the 95 Rockets did play very well in sweeping the Magic, no matter what they looked like on paper. Don't forget Clyde Drexler had a great series too. He replaced Maxwell, who was suspended by the team for the playoffs. When they gave up Otis Thorpe to get Clude, I thought the Rockets were giving up too much size, as Thorpe had played very well when they beat the knicks the year before. But it worked out with Drexler having a great series against the younger Magic players.

But it was Hakeem who carried the Rockets to those 2 titles, of course. I thought he was as dominant in those 2 championship years, especially 95, as anyone except Jordan.

Mr Saab

Referee
it might have gone 7 games with the 95 Olajuwon on the 86 rockets teams...but celtics too strong

When you look back at the 86 series, you have to wonder why the Celtics didn't win in 4 or 5, because they were so strong that year with Walton backing up the super front line.

Sonics looked good last night in beating the Raptors, not a lot of big names other than Ray Allen but they play hard.

edabomb

First Grade
I've been a Sonics fan since about 1993. I'm not getting too excited, Rashard Lewis always starts the year on fire and then cools off around December. Remember they made an excellent start last year with Rashard and Flip Murray playing awesome. Scraped home vs the Raptors last night to improve to 5-1. The playoffs are definately not beyond them, but the frustrating thing with the Sonics is since 1997 they've been an average side every year. This means with no big name signings and no high draft picks they'll be stuck fighting for a playoff spot for a while yet but no real hope of winning the whole thing. Nick Collison looks like a bust IMO, Ridnour is going ok though averaging over 6 assists. Fortson and Evans are doing excellent jobs in the paint. Their first round pick this year was Robert Swift, a seven foot high schooler. He won't realistically contribute for a few years. Stuck in mediocricy!!!! Much like the Raiders.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Yeh I agree, Sonics usually start off well then fall apart as the season goes on. I wish our management was more daring and took some gambles rather than sticking with the same crap each season. It wil be interesting to see what they do with Ray Allen.

But anyway, 5-1 start, I can't complain, especially considering they got pumped by 30 in the first game!

Jonotallica

Juniors
I can't believe the Grizzlies squandered that 21 point lead they had over the Sonics. They had 100 points in 3 quarters, and then scored only 13 in the forth. Hats off to Allen and Daniels they played well.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
It was a great comeback, I was listening to the game, and the Sonics really turned it up in the final quarter starting with some much needed defence.

Daniels has pretty much won the last two games in the 4th quarter. Sonics now go on a 10 day, 6 game road trip, so I think a few losses will be coming

twista

Juniors
celtics, liked them since back when larry bird was with them

clippers because they are always underdogs

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Favorite team has always been the Sonics,

i played alot of basketball growing up and the reason i followed the sonics was cause of the Rain man Shaun Kemp and the Glove Gary Payton..

I tried so hard to be like Gary Payton lol, i still play BBall but not leagues.

as mentioned before the sonics tend to start on fire but then just fall down and never seem to have the same spark..i hope this year is different.

edabomb

First Grade
A 3 man Sonics support crew aye. I liked their logos on trading cards when I was 9 so I started supporting them. Have a video of Shawn Kemp back in his prime, he was such an awesome player.

The Sonics problem in recent years has been a lack of depth in their rotation, only 8 players end to see time. They look to have a slightly longer roster this year after the recent lottery picks, I still think they'll struggle to win 45+. 7-1 as I speak though :mrgreen: :clap: :clap: :clap: .

Bluebag

Juniors
I am a 21 year veteran supporter of the Clippers from San Diego then LA. Never waivered in my love for this team. Have made many trips to the US to watch them over the years in fact about 25 games seen live including the Jordan Bulls era. He was a terrific athlete but not the best I have seen Magic wins that hands down.

Fav clips over the years are Charles "Fluid" Smith, Norm Nixon and more recently Corey Maggette.

Love those Clips.

My dream each year is to see them Play in May.