What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who says's no first?

Ridders

Coach
Been reading on various sites about the notion of a Bynum for Bosh deal between LA and Toronto before the upcoming trade deadline. Don't think there's actually been any talk between the two teams, but it's being discussed more due it's feasibility and the fact that it's something that Toronto would at least consider.

Was playing with the NBA trade machine and worked up a financially workable deal that sent;

Bynum, Jordan Farmar and Adam Morrison's expiring contract for Chris Bosh.

Who says no first?

I actually think LA would say no first, as your not sure whether Bosh will stay with you past the season. I think Toronto would seriously consider this unless they were very confident that Bosh will stay in Toronto.

Last edited:

El Coconuto

Bench
I don't think the Raptors would want any piece of Farmar without being able to ship either Jack/Calderon out of town first. Thence, I still think the Raptors turn it down first. Bynum has injury issues that should worry any team. Lakers would jump at the chance to pair Gasol/Bosh. That would be an INSANE starting five; Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Gasol, Bosh.

Ridders

Coach
I think Farmar's someone that could benefit from playing in a more free flowing offense where he's not going to get his chops busted whenever he makes a mistake, something that Toronto's offense provides. Plus he's still young and does have some decent upside. But your right, they will have to move of those two before even considering bringing Farmar in. I think Calderon is tradable.

I just think that if Toronto are near sure that Bosh will skip town, I don't think they'd be able to get a better offer. Cap space means little for Toronto, none of the marquee guys are going there. Bynum is a 20-10 guy if he's playing somewhere where he is the main big, which was shown when Gasol missed the start of the season. As you said, injuries would certainly be a deterrent.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Hmmmm, I'd say that's a win for the Raptors, on the assumption Bosh bolts in free agency. Getting back a young quality big, who should only get better, plus a useful combo guard (to use either in another trade or just to bring off the bench) is better than letting Bosh leave in free agency. A starting five of Bynum-Bargnani-Turkoglu-Calderon-DeRozan/Belinelli/Jack is intriguing. They should become a legit half-court team, with a power post player, stretch 4, shooting from the wings and point, and an inside presence to cover up Calderon's (& everyone else's) defensive short-comings. In fact, if I were running the Raptors, I'd pull the trigger.

I don't see the Lakers pulling the trigger on this though. Bynum gives them a legit advantage defensively, whereas Bosh is only average at best on that end. Bosh is an upgrade offensively, but he replicates a lot of what Gasol already gives them without providing a shot-blocking presence.

Ridders

Coach
I'm not sure how much Toronto could potentially get in a sign n trade if Bosh does decide to leave but I can't imagine it could be more than getting a young stud like Bynum, even with his injury problems.

It would be a massive gamble for LA as you run the risk of Bosh bolting in free agency, meaning you just gave up Bynum for nothing. Plus Bynum's contract is a lenghty one so they won't have to worry about him going anywhere for a while. Again that could be a good or bad thing depending on his injury situation.

You raise a good point about defense. It's no co-incidence that Toronto have one of the league's worst defenses with Bosh as the dominant big. From what I see one of their main problems is that both Bosh and Bargiani are talented offensive PF's who are ideally suited to playing alongside a strong inside defensive presence. Problem for LA is that if they make the deal, as you said, they lose their hulking defensive inside presence. While I think Bynum at times lacks motivation to play consistent D, he has the potential to be very good in that area.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
While I think Bynum at times lacks motivation to play consistent D, he has the potential to be very good in that area.
I'd lack motivation too, given the best player on the team insists on a "pecking order" and that Bynum will get his touches only after Bryant and Gasol "get theirs".

Kobe really does get it!

Ridders

Coach
I'd lack motivation too, given the best player on the team insists on a "pecking order" and that Bynum will get his touches only after Bryant and Gasol "get theirs".

Kobe really does get it!

Well I would have attributed it to the fact that Bynum likes putting up points more than he does rebounding and blocking shots, which should be his main priority on this team. It isn't a problem while Gasol is out as he gets fed enough in the paint, but when Gasol comes back, it creates a problem. But whatever, blaming it on Kobe sounds cooler.

Bynum hasn't really been the same since Gasol came back from injury. I guess he likes being the No.1 post option.

mortz

while looking at trading pieces, L.A isnt the place i would start for a trade with bosh.
Really, they only way i see bosh leaving before the season is over is if we are a sup bar well below .500 team.

The first place i look is houston.
I first would be willing to take Yao and landry for bosh, its a risk reward for the raps.
second is T-mac and landry.
If Tracy can play well then we have a piece, if not, he is expiring.

After that its minnesota, but i doubt bosh would stay in minnesota so no chance on a trade there.

My 3rd option is sacramento.
I know Kevin Martin is up for trade with Ty evans playing like a machine, ad to the fact they have beno and sergio playing well, however, im more willing to throw a Amir Johnson, Demar derozan trade at them first, and i expect a trade of something like that to pan out, might be toronto, might be another team.

L.A goes down the pecking order, and if im shipping my star player out, i want gasol back, so no chance there. Bynum is not going to be a straight swap for bosh unless we want to be raped on a consistent basis.

So i think bosh stays with us until the off season, then we throw sh*tloads of cash at him, or produce a sign and trade where we get raped and blow the team up!