What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be Australian fullback..

Who should be fullback???

• Greg Inglis

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Justin Hodges

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Ben Hornby

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Karmichael Hunt

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danger

Juniors
Just wondering if anyone thinks that maybe hunt isn't the right option for the tri series, i mean i rate him, but i think hodges and inglis would be more effective playing at fullback.

Ghoulies

Bench
Hunt has done nothing wrong, and doesn't really deserve to be dropped, but considering how poorly our forwards have fared this series, I think we need the kick returning ability of Hodges.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hunt, as hello with Thurston at 7, the Lockyer-Hunt- Thurston combination is yet to lose a game! Piss hornby off an we'll be fine!

JJ

Immortal
Hunt's actually been very good IMO, and I think Inglis should be in the centres, now that Gas is hurt maybe it will happen

Hornby and Hodges aren't serious options, really - Hodges does some good stuff there but has serious flaws.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ghoulies said:
Hunt has done nothing wrong, and doesn't really deserve to be dropped, but considering how poorly our forwards have fared this series, I think we need the kick returning ability of Hodges.

Hunt hasn't done anything wrong but that is where he has been poor - kick returns. There were a few times on the weekend where he ran straighht and made metres - when he didn't try and put them off with hop. Too many times he was taken across field and they were working it out from inside the ten...

Hunt has done nothing wrong, and performed for Australia better than I expected.

Hornby was close to the best fullback in the game IMO but has been covering halfback for too long now at the Dragons.

The best fullback in the game currently IMO is Billy Slater. Suspension marred this season and so its hard to say he deserves to be the Aust #1 (ie displace Hunt etc), but if i were a selector he'd be my pick. He's the forgotten fullback amongst all these topics.

Inglis - fantastic wherever he plays, but I'd have him in the centres.

mattyg

Bench
Luke Patten :lol:

But seriously, i think Hunt should stay there atm. Leave Inglis on the wing at the moment, he is proving to be a handful there anyway...

Danger

Juniors
mattyg said:
Luke Patten :lol:

But seriously, i think Hunt should stay there atm. Leave Inglis on the wing at the moment, he is proving to be a handful there anyway...

He goes pretty good on the wing, but if he had free reign at fullback i think he'd be even more dangerous, especially when the forwards start to tire, he'd carve it up.

Mr Saab

Referee
Hodges...poor under the highball
Hornby....no thanks
Inglis...doesnt talk enough at fullback
Hunt..safe under the highball, runs the ball back as fullback should run the ball. Links well with Lockyer and Thurston in the backline.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Hodges...poor under the highball
Hornby....no thanks
Inglis...doesnt talk enough at fullback
Hunt..safe under the highball, runs the ball back as fullback should run the ball. Links well with Lockyer and Thurston in the backline.

Hunt..gets smashed every run, has never made a tackle in hes life. A hog.

Latest posts