What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be Australia's half if Joey cant play?

Who should be the Australian halfback if Joey can't play ?

• Orford

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Thurston

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • T.Smith

Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Kimmorley

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • Prince

Votes: 56 43.8%
  • Barrett

Votes: 21 16.4%

• Total voters

Balmain Bug

Juniors
On form, I'd pick Prince. He has been on fire pretty much all year.

Barrett and Thursty have been playing 5/8.

Smith's time will come soon but not yet.

The rest have not shone except for Orford who has played very well but does not have the connection with Lockyer that Prince has.

McLovin

Staff member
Selectors will select Kimmorley. If 90% of players in the team are not in this years finals series then its a farce. I understand loyalty comes into the mix but why wont they select players from performing teams???

McLovin

Staff member
Zeb said:
Who are the clowns that picked Tyran Smith? :lol:

Its Tim Smith you fuggin fruitcake...
icon7.gif

greenos

Juniors
Connell said:
Selectors will select Kimmorley. If 90% of players in the team are not in this years finals series then its a farce. I understand loyalty comes into the mix but why wont they select players from performing teams???
So was it a farce when Kimmorley got selected in the Tri-nations last year when the sharks came 10th? He played very well for Austraila. Players should be selected on how they play not who they play for.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
The thing is this:

If Johns had played, Locky would be 5/8th and Barrett would come off the bench. But Johns isn't playing so Barrett will go to 1/2 and locky to 5/8th.
I personally think that Barrett should go to 5/8th and Prince to 1/2
Why? Because locky has had his time in the sun and its no secret that he has been dropping in form over the last few rounds.
Thats my opinion. Chances of it happening is ZERO! The entire Australian team will be dominated by players from clubs that arn't even in the top 8 again proving that the Australian selection system is a joke and AGAIN seeing many Australian fans jumping ship to the Kiwis or the Pomms, or just not following at all (i can proudly say that i never watch Australian test matches unless it involves the Kiwi's; i couldn't give a rats arse over how well the 'favorites' go)