What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sounds like your already taking pot shots at this new regime & they haven't even step foot onto the field yet for a training session.

We had 11 years of above average, below par to downright unacceptable performances in defence.
There were in a few sacred cows in this place, where the mere mention of their name brought the ire of the Huggy crew. Now it seems to be the opposite lol.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Seems like the bar is much higher for the
New coach than it was for the previous one.

Intetesting.
With what will be a younger & more inexperienced roster.

If Ryles gets us into the top 4 next year it will be one of the great coaching performances in a long time at this club since Brian Smith.

We have our next coach for the next decade lets get behind him and give him a chance.

There will be some bumpy hiccups next year but gee you gotta build your game up with the defensive attitude and grit and work your way up from there.

Attack will take care itself with the quality of attacking players we have.

Defence wins premierships

Gronk

Staff member
Sounds like your already taking pot shots at this new regime & they haven't even step foot onto the field yet for a training session.

We had 11 years of above average, below par to downright unacceptable performances in defence.
No, you're just made of glass. Harden up merkin. Same pack + 1. You do the math.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It will be the same pack + Jack, so Sam Moa better have a magic attitude wand.
Definitely going to be tough to improve our defence to top 4 quality, which will take time.......put I don't think it's going to be that difficult to return it to something around 2023 standard.

Obviously that's not great but it's a massive improvement on this year and gets us to a mid level team.....a lot of defence is based around attitude....

King-Gutho94

Coach
No, you're just made of glass. Harden up merkin. Same pack + 1. You do the math
Well if you read my initial post i said realistically i think we will finish around 12th with the surgery Ryles has done with the roster. With the experience lost and the young kids being brought in it will bring inconsistency.

You do the math that's 3 spots above where we finished this year.

I never said Ryles would have us in the top 4 next year if he does how good and his a genius.

If injuries don't hit and we stay injury free we have the potential to push for a top 6 spot because there isn't much between 6th-12th in most seasons.

Sometimes its just down to the close games and how many of those you win.

Defence can be fixed pretty easily attitude and effort. That's what i want to see and will be keeping my eyes on.

Your kidding yourself if you think we showed consistent defensive grit and attitude during much of BA's tenure we finished bottom 4 in defence in 4 out of the 11 years under BA.

Gronk

Staff member
Defence can be fixed pretty easily attitude and effort. That's what i want to see and will be keeping my eyes on.

Your kidding yourself if you think we showed consistent defensive grit and attitude during much of BA's tenure we finished bottom 4 in defence in 4 out of the 11 years under BA.
It will be the same pack + Jack, so Sam Moa better have a magic attitude wand.
So why did you feel the need to act like we didn't agree, when we actually did ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Assuming 11. Tuilagi , 12. Cartwright, I think this is a good enough middle to be very competitive:

Hopgood
Lane
Matterson
Ofahengaue
Paulo
Williams

That leaves these merkins to battle for the final bench spot:

Doorey
Greig
Guymer
Mataele
Moretti
Pryke
Tuivati
Keir is also an option, however reckon Ryles will go with a utility and use them more that what BA did (and not necessarily at hooker)...

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You are the one trying to downplay Reg’s loss, you will find plenty of posts by me saying the club is doing the right thing. Doesn’t mean he won’t leave a hole in our pack. You are the one who finally seem results driven unlike the last 11 years.

Interesting.

Chipmunk

Coach
With what will be a younger & more inexperienced roster.

If Ryles gets us into the top 4 next year it will be one of the great coaching performances in a long time at this club since Brian Smith.

We have our next coach for the next decade lets get behind him and give him a chance.

There will be some bumpy hiccups next year but gee you gotta build your game up with the defensive attitude and grit and work your way up from there.

Attack will take care itself with the quality of attacking players we have.

Defence wins premierships
Will it be a great coaching performance, or was it just the previous regime holding the team back.

King-Gutho94

Coach
You are the one trying to downplay Reg’s loss, you will find plenty of posts by me saying the club is doing the right thing. Doesn’t mean he won’t leave a hole in our pack. You are the one who finally seem results driven unlike the last 11 years.

Interesting.
Feel for Sam Moa the poor bloke needs a magic wand to clean up the mess BA and his crew left on the way out.

Chipmunk

Coach
I think people forget that Moses played 3 games, got injured and our season was over.

If Gutho sticks around, Moses plays every game, we should at a minimum make the Top 8.