What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be the next Raiders captain?

Who should be the next Raiders captain?

• Clinton Schifcofske

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark McLinden

• Michael Weyman

• Todd Carney

• Michael Hodgson

• Matt Gafa

• Someone else currently in the squad (State who)

• Recruit a big name and make them captain (eg. Hindmarsh)

• Total voters

mike83au

Juniors
Doesn't Macca have a desire to play in the UK? I was under the impression that he was pretty close to not re-signing with us last year. Apparently, some people got in his ear and said he was too young to go to the UK so he should stay here for a couple more years....

So he might not stick around after his current contract.

Brimmer

Juniors
:clap: Good. Like I keep saying... he is a good player but he doesn't make a team. Rugby league is 17 players and not 1. I believe that although his attacking qualities are undisputed... he really is a liability at the moment in defence and organisational skills.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
when he was selected i would have agreed with you tama but germ has been a fine captain since being selected.

I think Woolford has got better but Croker would still be a better option.

joel

Juniors
McLinden needs to be given a consistant position in the squad before we even contemplate making him captain. Having your captain coming off the bench just to slot a dwarf into the side is insane. Schif for mine.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
There's not going to be too much left of Schif when Woolford goes, and I would like to see Shif lead the side. But I've put my vote on McLinden because he'll still have a few good years left in him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The only reason McLinden isn't performing is because there is too much pressure on him. As the only play maker in the side the opposition knows exactly who is going to get the ball, so they charge him and he gets no time.

Raider Azz

Bench
It was either let go of Woolford or let go of Priddis, both of them were great hookers and wouldve been great captains, I'm happy with Woolford and I wouldve been happy with Priddis.

Raider_69

Post Whore
at the time woolford was showing the most promise so yea i was fine with the decision and still am, i rate woolford 2nd behind Price as the best captain

what about against manly, the 2 penalties he milked
pushes a player over and purposely trips on him :lol: :clap: :clap:
has priddis ever done that?! I DONT THINK SO!

Kris_man

Bench
I still don't understand how Wiki didn't get the captaincy. #-o He would have be a brilliant leader, no disrespect to the Germ. And on Schifcofske, I think he gets too aggro at the refs to be our next captain. Remember that time, against Cronulla, he threw the ball "aiming at Brett Finch", but he managed to hit the ref? :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
pushes a player over and purposely trips on him
That's almost as good as Shif this year holding the Tigers playing down on top of him to earn a penalty :lol: :lol: :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
at the time woolford was showing the most promise so yea i was fine with the decision and still am, i rate woolford 2nd behind Price as the best captain

pushes a player over and purposely trips on him :lol: :clap: :clap:

Actually, I disagree. Priddis would have been the better option IMHO. Wiki or Croker as captain... I would have liked to keep both Woolford and Priddis, but if we had to release one of them I would have released Woolford.

Raider_69

Post Whore
at the time i think woolford was showing more
and honestly i wouldnt trade germ for anyone, not even buderous, he is a top hooker and a great leader :clap:

greeneyed

First Grade
As pointed out, Schif is not an option. He will retire about the same time as the current captain. All those voting for Schif... it is redundant as an idea.

greeneyed

First Grade
At the time Priddis was dropped to reserves... in favour of Woolford... I couldn't work it out. I didn't believe it was done on form. I felt Priddis was hard done by and should never have been dropped. I believe it was Kevin Neil favouritism... pure and simple....

ball boy

Bench
69 how could you say woolford was showing more talent when priddis was the australian hooker for super league at the time ?