What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should replace Kevin Moore?

Slackboy72

Coach
Just looking ahead.
There's little doubt now that the dogs will be coached by a real coach next year and not some inbred family connection.
Who do you think should get the gig?

(Please, no joke suggestions like Terry Lamb or Paul Langmack)

Pierced Soul

First Grade
matt elliot
grahame murray
phil economidis

depending how the blues go on weds, stuart may be in line

There's not much Moore can do tbh. I don't think he's a bad coach.

His problem is he has a rag-tag roster who have no chemistry together whatsoever since they were all bought from different clubs, coupled with having the worst halves in the comp.

ByRd

First Grade
Apparently Ricky Stuart is a done deal and they will get Dymock in for the rest of the year as caretaker.

ByRd

First Grade
There's not much Moore can do tbh. I don't think he's a bad coach.

His problem is he has a rag-tag roster who have no chemistry together whatsoever since they were all bought from different clubs, coupled with having the worst halves in the comp.
Moore is not a good coach, apart from a good first half of 2009 we have been pathetic since then and this year is just ordinary and so frustrating. The same problems that we were talking about in round 1 are still popping up in round 17, we have no structure in attack and i think we have used ONE set play all year.

Our defence is just laughable, we concede the most metres in the comp and consistently let teams roll down the field each set which puts us on the back foot. We have no line speed and this has not changed from round 1 this year. Moore is too old school and refuses to change, i know for a fact that he hates players who like to offload and look for a pass, he wants us to play up the middle which is not the pack we have, we have guys like Eastwood, Pritchard, Kasiano, Payne etc. who can throw an offload but its not in Moores "game plan".

You just get that feeling that the players have given up on him and do not wanna play for him, Moore may be a good guy but he is not good enough to be our first grade coach.

aqua_duck

Coach
Any coach who agrees to take on Frank Pritchard for $400k a year is effectively signing his own resignation letter

Moore is not a good coach, apart from a good first half of 2009 we have been pathetic since then and this year is just ordinary and so frustrating. The same problems that we were talking about in round 1 are still popping up in round 17, we have no structure in attack and i think we have used ONE set play all year.

Our defence is just laughable, we concede the most metres in the comp and consistently let teams roll down the field each set which puts us on the back foot. We have no line speed and this has not changed from round 1 this year. Moore is too old school and refuses to change, i know for a fact that he hates players who like to offload and look for a pass, he wants us to play up the middle which is not the pack we have, we have guys like Eastwood, Pritchard, Kasiano, Payne etc. who can throw an offload but its not in Moores "game plan".

You just get that feeling that the players have given up on him and do not wanna play for him, Moore may be a good guy but he is not good enough to be our first grade coach.

Sounds like David Furner

I can only dream of the kind of pressure on Moore being put on Furner, who imo has a more talented squad and is sitting lower on the ladder, yet his position is all but safe

ByRd

First Grade
Sounds like David Furner

I can only dream of the kind of pressure on Moore being put on Furner, who imo has a more talented squad and is sitting lower on the ladder, yet his position is all but safe

lol its sort of the same story for you Canberra fans but im glad that Moore is finally feeling the pressure cause enough is enough, apparently if we lose to the Storm he is gone immediately but thats stupid imo if he flukes a win it doesnt change anything, the guy still needs to go.

Slackboy72

Coach
Kevin Moore's approach has been based around buying players to fill percieved weaknesses rather than coaching the team to compensate for those deficiencies.
It worked for his old man.
It was only inevitable that this wasn't a medium or long term strategy that would work in this day and age of salary cap adherence.

Mr Saab

Referee

If your team was in sydney or brisbane then he would be under pressure...but Canberra...meh