What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who to play R1?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So we've got a thread asking who is in the lineup, how about who everyone wants our opponent to be?

Plus, any other hopes for the 2016 draw which will no doubt be out sometime in the week before the comp starts in March :crazy:

Personally, I hope R1 we're against Brisbane or North Queensland - preferably at home.

Rest of the draw, Souths on Good Friday and again in the last few rounds is nice. I'd like us to play Newcastle twice, Storm twice (that's a selfish one lol) and not have Tigers and Manly 2x games all done by Round 8.

Abz

Juniors
Round 1 - NOT another Western Sydney team. I don't know what it is, but we're always cursed with playing either the Tigers, Panthers or Eels, and generally lose this round 1 game FFS. So I couldn't care less as long as it's none of them. I'll be happy with the Knights at home, or the Gold Coast away.

I prefer Souths on Easter Sunday/Monday as has been the case in some previous years but I've given up all hope of that - ratings on Good Friday.

Gold Coast twice, Storm twice - BELMORE GAME (we are the only team in the comp who has 50+% against them, no other team has a beaten them more than they have been beaten by them), Sharks BELMORE GAME, Manly once, Tigers once, Panthers once.

MarkC

Juniors
I would suggest the premiers either the Broncos or Cowboys at home in week 1.

We would be up for the game and they may have a GF hangover.

If we win it could kick start the season.

If we lose it will probably identify areas we need to work on.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Does it really matter? I'd probably prefer to take on one of the big guns. If you win its a bonus. If you lose you have heaps of season to go to make it up

Latest posts