What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was in the wrong?

Who was in the wrong?

• Trent Barrett

Votes: 66 78.6%
  • PJ Marsh

Votes: 18 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scottyeel

Bench
Lenny_2212 said:
cayless ran in and gave greenshields a nice forearm to the face. dirty thug.

lol.
At least if he did it to his face and not from behind like some other dog.

redVgirl

Juniors
why do so many footy fans always have to use supposed homosexuality as an insult? its so unoriginal.

anyway look i think barrett over reacted. but i can understand why he did...i agree with everything sterlo said after the game. but he certainly layed a few good punches in there!

seriously though, i would understand it more coming from a young inexperienced player, but barrett is the captain for godsakes...he basically conceded a try because he was chucking a tanty. not exactly the best leadership.

aenima1

Juniors
It seems that the only people that think Marsh was in the wrong are the dragons supporters. I'm neither a dragons or eels supporter but it was fairly obvious Barret overreacted. There was nothing in that to justify hitting someone in the head from behind a few times.

shadow grinder

First Grade
redVgirl said:
why do so many footy fans always have to use supposed homosexuality as an insult? its so unoriginal.

anyway look i think barrett over reacted. but i can understand why he did...i agree with everything sterlo said after the game. but he certainly layed a few good punches in there!

seriously though, i would understand it more coming from a young inexperienced player, but barrett is the captain for godsakes...he basically conceded a try because he was chucking a tanty. not exactly the best leadership.

insult? :?

Y2Eel

First Grade
redVgirl said:

i saw a bug fly into the path of his fist on the way to pj's skull and deflect his fist into the air....
The insect survived

mickdo

Coach
JoeysChiropractor said:
PJ Marsh, shouldn't be leading with the elbow, even though it hit the shoulder of Barrett first, it didn't stop much force and he copped it across the face. I'm sure many players would react in a similar fashion, perhaps not hitting him from behind, but if Marsh didn't make contact like he didnt, there wouldn't have been any fighting.
Next you'll be saying tacklers shouldn't use their arms, cos it might come up off a shoulder and hit a ball carrier in the head :rolleyes:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'll say it again

IMO, this board has taken this all out of proportion.

Marsh came in with the elbows cocked, hitting Barrett

Barrett got up like a gate in the wing

They were both at fault & acted in the heat of the moment. So why make it more than that?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Immortal said:
I'll say it again

IMO, this board has taken this all out of proportion.

Marsh came in with the elbows cocked, hitting Barrett

Barrett got up like a gate in the wing

They were both at fault & acted in the heat of the moment. So why make it more than that?

Because its one thing to hit someone when their looking, but to hit someone from behind is a very poor act. Barrett should cop a lengthy suspension.

Otherwise you are condoning this sort of act in Rugby League. If the roles were reversed you would be on the same side as the rest of us who see this act of Barrett as pure thugery.

redVgirl said:
but he certainly layed a few good punches in there!

Little fairy punches while Marsh had his back turned to him.

It seems the Barret's level of respect with most fans has seriously diminished after this incident

Misty Bee

First Grade
I'm sick ofpeopletargetting PJ MArsh in a match. FFS - the bloke is recovering from a broken neck.I'm starting to wonder whether blokes are looking to cause a reocurrence.

First it was Stevens with a knee. Then Morley. Now Barrett. At least Stevens had the dignity to apologise and show concern for his health.

So what's on for next week, PJ? Jason Smith going to attack him wit a set of nunchukas???