What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was man of the match?

Bird was good but should have been Farah for mine. Farah was great in defence was involved in the run around in the first try. For mine the best part of Farah game last night was his service from dummy half, he did not over play his role and he got the NSW forwards going forward all night.

typicalfan

Coach
Who gives a shit if he had to cover Jennings? If he missed Hodges 6 times he must have had a damn tough time as well.

They say he was awesome because he put a hit on Myles and stood in tackles for 10 seconds. He did nowhere near as much as Lewis (great hits, several of them too), Farah, Gallen or Morris.
Bird made as many metres as Gallen and was one of the most involved players in the game. Almost everyone in here is saying Bird is a fair call with Farah probably just as deserving.

Frailty

First Grade
Bird played well, but he made some silly errors in the first half in particular.

Farah played a great game start to finish and was clearly man of the match for me.

gronkathon

First Grade
I didn't see the validity of Birds automatic selection before the series. Yup, I am a bit of a mong on that one.

Last night he made some errors but was always there for the hard hitup or the big moment.

He and Farah were our best along with Gallen in Game 1 as well and had we got the lollies I think Robbie would have gotten the nod that night but Bird deserved it last night

Rodent

Bench
Who chooses the man of the match?
I read this before the game on a horse racing website:
Yesterday at 08:44 AM

Greg Bird has been the plonk for Man Of The Match.

Opened $21 with Tatts, $15 with Tabsportsbet, the latter has been smashed through the last 24 hrs in to $8.

The $21 is still available, for the moment.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I'm not sure one of Bird's drops was accidental. After Taylor got pinged for stripping when he hadn't, I think Bird was just trying his luck with the refs and doing a BK. Didn't succeed on that occasion.

I trust Bird has the audacity to do that kinda play.

You trust right....those kind of things and a whole lot more grubby doglike things.

He is constantly trying his luck with the referees. The slightest nudge and he'll lay down

every tackle, he's forearms on the head

every time he's tackled, he crys out to the ref like he's being molested.

He is a well trained Paul Gallen student.......

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The hatred you have is rather amusing.

Hate away.

Bird smashed your boys. Nate goes back to the Titans with a little more respect.

Springs

First Grade
Orign's more than just stats princess, but most NSW'krs don't get that. Bird was easily your best.

So where will Ricky's flogging be held? :lol:

What the f**k is your problem? Missed tackles and errors aren't just stats if you didn't notice. Several times Bird missed Inglis or Hodges and they made valuable metres. Several times Bird dropped the ball at vital stages. He did nothing other than run hard. He only got man of the match because Stuart gave him more minutes than the other backrowers. With the minutes he had Lewis was far better than Bird. Gallen did so much more work. Farah was everywhere and made 64 tackles for f**k's sake. Morris played all over Inglis and made the most metres. They all deserved it more than Bird, but Bird gets it because he puts a hit on Myles and stands in the tackles for ten seconds while pulling faces and acting aggressive.

Bird made as many metres as Gallen and was one of the most involved players in the game. Almost everyone in here is saying Bird is a fair call with Farah probably just as deserving

No they aren't. Most are saying Farah should have got it with some saying Bird wasn't that good at all. He made several silly mistakes and was nowhere near as involved as Gallen. He made as many metres yes but several players made many more tackles while missing nowhere near as many.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The hatred you have is rather amusing.

Hate away.

Bird smashed your boys. Nate goes back to the Titans with a little more respect.

I don't hate it. I mean its annoying when the refs don't spot it. One of the "spills" went against him - so it evened up. But I do almost admire his cunning and audacity in playing the ref, and not just the players. I just wish he was a Qlder. The guy is such a cheeky, aggressive and skilful footballer. I think you'll find most Qld fans have respect for Bird. Even if it is a begrudging respect.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Why you have Bird XXXX?

Gallen is easy to dislike.

Every time he opens his mouth I cringe.

But Bird - yeah, I like him as a footballer. Always have. He has mad skill and great game.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Why you have Bird XXXX?

Gallen is easy to dislike.

Every time he opens his mouth I cringe.

But Bird - yeah, I like him as a footballer. Always have. He has mad skill and great game.

Oh you're kidding!!!

Why Bird........????

Why NOT Bird......!!!

As I said, he'll throw the forearms and elbows around.........he'll whine to the refs EVERY time he's tackled

He WILL take a dive ......even at the slightest hint of an opportunity

He is ALWAYS working the niggle. Constantly throughout the entire game.

In short he is a grub......of the highest Paul Gallen order.

oh...then there's this

336340-prosecutors-demand-jail-for-.jpg

Scumbag......

Springs

First Grade
Bird is the dirtiest grub in the game. He is a good player but his dirty actions both on and off the field have been a blight on the sport. Have no respect for him whatsoever and no way did he deserve man of the match over Farah, Morris, Lewis or Gallen.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hmmm. Innocent till proven guilty. Bird was not found guilty XXXX.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO the Man of the Match should have easily been Robbie Farah. As good and hard as Greg Bird played, I couldn't help but feel he was just crippling our left hand side attack by cutting Jennings and Hayne out of the game and hogging the ball. It's great that he wants to make 20 hit ups, but there were a few times I thought the play should have gone to Jenko and/or Hayne rather then Bird just taking a hit up.

Michael Jennings only got the ball 12 times, and 6 of his runs were dummy half runs for 57 metres gained. He never got the ball in a decent backline movement that gave him space. Likewise Jarryd Hayne had over half of his touches come from dummy half runs and kick returns... these guys are destructive with space and should have had more opportunities down the left hand side.

Latest posts