What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was the better halfback?

Who was the better halfback?

• Alan Langer

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • Ricky Stuart

Votes: 43 39.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I just wan't to see who thinks was the better halfback. It will be interesting to see the votes..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
schif4eva said:
I just wan't to see who thinks was the better halfback. It will be interesting to see the votes..

You need to actually insert a poll for it to work mate... :lol:

EDIT: Seems it appeared while I was posting... :|

aussies1st

Staff member
Alan Langer for me. He is one of the few that can actually match Johns. Of course Stuart coaching the Roosters doesn't help ;-)

JJ

Immortal
tough one, as they played such different styles... I went Stuart, just because I liked the passing, kicking and organising...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was a fan of Ricky Stuart cause of his kicking game, long kicks, chip kicks, the grubber kicks, most of those were match winners. Who can ever forget his dummies, especially the one in the 1990 Kangaroo tour that won us the match in the second test against GB.

Langer was dangerous close to the line, his short kicks were dangerous and find a gap and run for it, and make it look easy.

In Origin I thought whenever Stuart and Langer were in the same match, I thought Stuart played better.

Its hard to say really who was the better halfback, but I reckon whenever Stuart was up against Langer he'd get on top of him.

Red Bear

Referee
Stuart had the passing and kicking game all over Langer, Langer had good running plus was quite inspirational. Langer probly lasted longer but Stuart better IMO.

Langer EASILY. The fact that Langer was dominant for such a longer period than Stuart justifies how good Langer was. That said, Stuart was a very good player and brought a lot to the game.

LESStar58

Referee
aussies1st said:
This is going to cause this thread to become a Johns v Langer thread.

i'm simply saying that Langer was better than Stuart and every other halfback to play the game in the last 20 odd years and yes I think he was better than Sterlo!

Alex28

Coach
I think Langer owned Stuart. Funny how the non-Knights fans among us try and twist it into a Johns/Langer/Stuart debate...

(however since you asked - Johns > Langer > Stuart)

;-)

Latest posts