What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the fastest player in the game?

chriscnz

Juniors
Well Joven Clarke has run the 100m in 10.49 seconds and competed in school boy athletics at an international level. I think its fair to say, in a footrace in the NRL (supposing he is faster now his body has matured even more, probably hasnt been training for athletics tho) he would be the fastest player.

Robster

Bench
Justin Murphy :D i remember him outpacing Rhys Wesser to score a fantastic solo try, also running down David Peachy which resulted in a try saver, peachy had 15m headstart.

lil ripsta

Did'nt Anthony Minichiello catch Justin Mrphy in last years grand final after Murphy got an intercept.

Changa

Juniors
Didnt Amos Roberts catch a flying Minachello in the Anzac day clash down the left sideline as he made a break and only reached his own 40m line?
And yet Amos was not the fastest player in the Saints backline(gone to Penrith now)-Matt Cooper was the fastest so really speed cant be compared on a footy field, only on the track.

Munky

Coach
We all know who the fastest player will really be... Scotty Sattler. It sure as hell won't be Todd Byrne.

Dragonschik

Juniors
Matt Cooper used to be a sprinter and he's very quick. But Luke Bailey has to be the fastest prop. Does anyone remember the saints/penrith game back in round 18 or so, when bailey came from accross the other side of the field and caught up to the winger.

Parra_Boy

Juniors
I think Micheal Vella would be the fastest Prop, he used to be a winger anyway and has the physique to be a fastish runner.

miccle

Bench
If all the stats are only out of 10, I'm assuming there will be a fair few players that will be the fastest... yes?

beerboy

Juniors
yeah Scotty Sattler will have jumped up plently of speed points now
Joven Clarke is the fastest in the NRL

Jamie Lyon is deceptivly quick

Morley is quiet quick for a big lad

as a shark i have to Matt Rieck is up there in top 5

hate to say this but Gasnier is a gun or the mark

Petebix

Juniors
Wigan Warrior said:
I dont think RL will ever see a player as fast over long distance as Martin Offiah,now he could run!

Lee Oudenryan beat Offiah in a 100m race in 1992 :D

lil ripsta

Changa said:
Didnt Amos Roberts catch a flying Minachello in the Anzac day clash down the left sideline as he made a break and only reached his own 40m line?

Yes, but Amos Roberts came on the angle so he had an advantage.
I bet if you put them on a line and they raced side by side Minichello would blitz him.

Kakihara

Juniors
Dragonschik said:
Matt Cooper used to be a sprinter and he's very quick. But Luke Bailey has to be the fastest prop. Does anyone remember the saints/penrith game back in round 18 or so, when bailey came from accross the other side of the field and caught up to the winger.

i agree with you there regarding bailey, i remember the chase he put up on brent webb and was actually keeping up with him, although webb did score :D