What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Will Make The Top 6 In '06?

Top 6?

• Total voters

terracesider

Juniors
The four teams that have the most cash to spend - Bradford, Leeds, Wigan and Saints; Mcrea left such a strong side at Hull that even Kear shouldn't mess it up within 2 years.; and Hudddersfield, on the verge last year and will be even stronger in 2006.

Evil Homer

Staff member
jed said:
*crosses Evil Homer off my Christmas cards list*

They probably will,but I'm not impressed by their recruitment this year.Now Caisley has quit I think the team will be destabilised a bit.If they pick up a few injuries they could struggle.

It's probably wishful thinking but what the heck.

JasonE

Bench
I also didn't have the Bulls in my top 6. They aren't as strong as last season and they struggled for most of the year before their great finish but that was based on the likes of Peacock and Pryce who they have lost.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The Bulls are unfairly criticised over their recruitment I think. Compare their losses to gains and not including age, they've done well.

Pryce - Bai: I don't think Pryce will be as much of a loss to Bradford as he will be a gain to Saints, he was playing wing and being totally wasted out there. Saints giving him a chance at stand off could prove brilliant, but he wasn't doing anything really special on the wing for Bradford.

Peacock - McKenna: This is a definite loss, but McKenna won't let anyone down.

Radford - Gene: I don't think Radford is anything special, and Gene was going well for Huddersfield. Apart from the age gap, they've done well here.

Paul - Newton: Brilliant signing, even if you hate Newton you can't deny he's a great player. If he gets suspended, then they've got Henderson anyway and I rate him highly too. Paul was doing nothing on the bench and when he came on, he'd usually mess something up anyway.

I don't know anything about Watene, but their only other losses are Reardon and Parker. Reardon wouldn't have been playing in their first team even if he was fit last year, and Parker is nothing.

They haven't done as bad as everyone makes out, plus they still have Hape/Vainikolo who caused all sorts of havoc last year.

terracesider

Juniors
Last season, with the exceptions of Hape and Vainikolo, I don't think Bradford's squad were particularly talented in comparison to most other sides but they batter away for the full 80 minutes and not many teams can cope with them for that long.

Noble could rough it with the best of them and maybe his experience will help Newton deal with his problems.

jed

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Pryce - Bai: I don't think Pryce will be as much of a loss to Bradford as he will be a gain to Saints, he was playing wing and being totally wasted out there. Saints giving him a chance at stand off could prove brilliant, but he wasn't doing anything really special on the wing for Bradford.
Pryce started off slow, but was in outstanding form at the end of the season.

One good thing that the Bulls have done is buy good, experienced (albeit older) players that will be a good influence on the up & comers. Signing them on 1-2 year contracts (rather than an established player aged 22-23 on a 3 year deal) also lets the Academy side know that there's spots available in the top squad in 2007, gives them something to strive for. I'd rather have a side of talented players that have grown up supporting the Bulls, dreaming of representing their side, compared with a team that we've bought from other clubs who only play for us because we're paying them to.

SFW

Juniors
Saints, Leeds and Wigan will make up the top 3, in any particular order.

Pretty competitive below here though. Huddersfield have recruited very well and Les Catalans bring a strong squad into their debut season. Warrington have improved (although I have my doubts over Michael Sullivan) and Harlequins will prove a tough opponent, especially with Leuluai back in the side for the start of the year. That's without even mentioning last years SL winners Bradford (who I feel will struggle without Peacock) and Hull, who haven't made any positive moves in the market but are still a strong outfit.

Nine teams with genuine play-off aspirations. Roll on 2006.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Hard to decide. either way, this will be super Leagues most competitive season to date. I will be attending my first SL matches live this year when I go to briatin in March.

JasonE

Bench
I heard a story the other day that the Bulls intend to play Stanley Gene at loose/lock forward this season, i'd be concerned if i was a Bulls fan cos he was past his best 5 years ago. I don't think Nobby likes Jamie Langley.

jed

First Grade
He's only listed on the Bulls site as a stand-off, I think if he was being considered as a loose forward they'd have listed him with Langley and Burgess. Of course, the squad's still settling in, only had our first friendly yesterday. Wait and see, I guess.

BlindMan

Juniors
i think the poll has worked well and gives a good idea of

Bradfod, St Helens, Hull and Yay come on Wigan top 4 maybe?