What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will the Roosters sign in 2005?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Geez the big money would be on Willie Mason or Sonny Bill Williams! Who do you recon it will be!

Raider_69

Post Whore
one can only hope that 05 is the year Bulgarelli makes it his own
also tyran smith and troy Thompson to hopefully have blinders!

Roosters signings -
Jason Bulgarelli
Tyran Smith
Troy Thompson
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kiwi

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
one can only hope that 05 is the year Bulgarelli makes it his own
also tyran smith and troy Thompson to hopefully have blinders!

Roosters signings -
Jason Bulgarelli
Tyran Smith
Troy Thompson
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No team could possibly be stupid enough to sign ALL of those 3, oh wait sorry...want Minto and Kelly too?

melon....

Coach
Who will Brisvegas sign? The probability will be the Roosters will sign a couple seeing as the following are off contract:
Brett Finch
Chris Flannery
Craig Wing
Jason Cayless
Chris Walker
Stuart Webb

Of these I can only safely say Cayless, Flannery and Wing will be resigned again, with Finch a close dark horse. We could lose Webb, Catic, Walker and with Ricketson retiring, there will be some left over to resign key youngsters like Soward, Soliola and Moke, with some to possibly sign a couple from outside the club.

Sounds possible, probable, feasable...but what about Brisbane? Who have they got off contract and who do YOU think they will release and sign?

That goes for EVERy club fan on this forum. Lets turn this idiotically loaded Thread into a valid communique.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Of these I can only safely say Cayless, Flannery and Wing will be resigned again, with Finch a close dark horse. We could lose Webb, Catic, Walker and with Ricketson retiring, there will be some left over to resign key youngsters like Soward, Soliola and Moke, with some to possibly sign a couple from outside the club.

Nah, Soward is a dud.

I hope the Roosters management are reading and believing me, and the Warriors management are getting my idea :lol:

legend

Coach
Mason will be the Roosters number 1 priority IMO but there are sure to be others on the list. A lot of clubs now sign their players to long term deals before June 30 so head the Roosters off at the path as many clubs just can't compete with what the Roosters have to offer i.e unlimited wage, new ford, rep jerseys etc etc. ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
thats a fantastic idea melon!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiders Off contract

Matt Adamson - he will retire
Jason Bulgarelli - ONE WOULD PRAY HE ISNT RE-SIGNED!
Steve Fransiscus - Might not be looked after due to amount of young guys we have signed this year
Ian Hindmarsh - already been offered a new contract, shoud stay
Adam Mogg - should get re-signed
Ryan O'Hara - already been offered a new contract, should stay
Clinton Schifcofske - already been offered a new contract, might chase big bucks in england
Tyran Smith - hopefully retire
Jason Smith - he will retire
Simon Woolford - re-sign/retire/england - not really sure whats the go there

then we have alot of talent in the junior ranks but id expect us to sign up at least 1 front rower, then i guess we will have a look at whats on the cards, take them where we need them.

I also hope that matt elliots contract is not re-newed... unless something drastic changes from now till end of 05

melon....

Coach
IanRitchie said:

Nah, Soward is a dud.

I hope the Roosters management are reading and believing me, and the Warriors management are getting my idea :lol:
After scooping the junior awards at teh presentations, I doubt Soward is going anywhere other than Roosters first Grade in 2006.

Mr Saab

Referee
melon.... said:
Charlie Saab said:
let me get the violin out for you melon head
What wrong precious? Cant answer the question?

who quality players do the broncos buy?

* hodges? he is coming home after not being able to handle sydney life
* Thorne? he is coming home after playing union
* Tallis? He CHASED brisbane..not the other way around. Bennett wasnt all that excited about him at the time
* Darren Smith? Had a falling out with C Anderson at the Dogs in 1994
* Mundine? That was a big mistake...i will admit that
* Ikin? Norths folded.
* Lazarus? Great signing and took the broncs to the top in 92/3

Brisbane are not in the habit of buying other clubs talent if they dont have to...UNLIKE the chooks. The chooks go on and on and on about how "great" their lower grades are yet they still buy Roberts, Monaghan and Firman. Compare what Brisbane buy compared to what the Roosters buy.

Mr Saab

Referee
eelavation said:
I believe their number 1 priority is currently under contract with Dragons!!

you mean Barrett????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Waste of $$$$$$$$ if i have ever seen it

Kiwi

First Grade
melon.... said:
Who will Brisvegas sign? The probability will be the Roosters will sign a couple seeing as the following are off contract:
Brett Finch
Chris Flannery
Craig Wing
Jason Cayless
Chris Walker
Stuart Webb

Sounds possible, probable, feasable...but what about Brisbane? Who have they got off contract and who do YOU think they will release and sign?

That goes for EVERy club fan on this forum. Lets turn this idiotically loaded Thread into a valid communique.

The Broncos have had most of their players off contract this year. Very few will be off contract next year. Topou, Kelly, and maybe the odd other player but thats it.

Mostly it'll be young players off contract.

If, and it's a big if the Broncos are in the market it'll be the odd young player or winger they will look at.

The Whippet

Juniors
Lets hope that Souths can lure Craig Wing back, now that would make a Souths fan smile :)

I think Dicky Stuart will want Willie Mason, so his club be hated even more, if that's at all possible which I highly doubt.

Latest posts