What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will the Roosters sign in 2005?

QldRabbit

Juniors
poojar said:
QldRabbit said:
We will need to show improvement on the field and a professional culture off the park if we are to attract some marquee sighnings. It won't be anything like Parra and Manly's shopping spree in 2004, as Richo's theory is bringing through local jnr talent who want to be apart of Souths rather than paying huge overs for players. Hopefully it will breed loyality similar to the Bronco's who retain high quality players for alot less than rival clubs offer them.

The broncos retain high quality players because it is a one team town and because the price of living is so much cheaper up there, and also because it is generally a nice place to live and work.

Redfern or Brisbane mmmm where would i want to spend all my time?

This is true, also alot of people say endoursement help as well but i truely believe alot of it has to do with the culture of the club and Wayne Bennett. Love him or hate him you have to admire his quality as a coach. Same with the club love or hate there a pretty awesome organisation. But no different to some of the quality Sydney clubs.

QldRabbit

Juniors
OVP said:
QldRabbit said:
Hopefully Souths can lure Craig Wing back to Souths, he has Red and Green running through he's veins. I

You have next to no chance of that ever happening im afraid. He'll be a Rooster for life as he loves it at the club. And you'll have to wait another 3 years at the very least anyway as he re-signed again this year. You've got a much better chance of getting Braith Anasta back i'd say. Don't rule that out, as i've heard some whispers he'd be keen to go back to Souths.

Yeah i'd almost put money on BA been back in the Red and Green in 2006. With Wingy your probably right, he may have been converted.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yeah i'd almost put money on BA been back in the Red and Green in 2006.

No I'd put my money on Anasta playing for the Wallabies in 2006! Unless you have got a spare $500,000 he won't be at Souths!

Disco

Bench
Not sure who Manly has off contract, i think these guys may be

King
Randall
Hicks
Hecks
Hoppa

of those i assume King Randall and hecks would be top priorities, and as for new signings, i'd say we are after a centre again

borat

Bench
Special K said:
The sharks will be a big spender in the market next year. Jason stevens is their top paid player and best forward and with him retiring and the same with Peachey the sharks will go all out to try and get a big name forward.

Peachy re-signed for 1 year this year didn' he? How much would he be on for 05?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
The Bulldogs will have SBW signed up well before the June 30 deadline. If not then they've got rocks in their head.

I think if Anasta hasnt signed by June 30 then he is on his way out. The only club I see affording him is Souths. If not then I think he is off to Union.

I know for a fact that Canberra will have some spare change in the kitty. We have lost Drew, Davico, Wiki and Monaghan. They would be up there as our highest paid. It is rumoured that next years is Wollofrds last. Jason Smith and Adamson have only be signed for one year so looking at it like that out of all the players we have to include under the salary cap for 2005 in 2006 we wont have to pay:

Drew
Davico
Monaghan
Wiki
Woolford(rumour)
Smith
Adamson

Our only 'name' signings are Withers and Frawley.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think if Anasta hasnt signed by June 30 then he is on his way out. The only club I see affording him is Souths. If not then I think he is off to Union.

I'd be very surprised if he goes to Souths unless they have a spare $500,000 :roll:

OVP

Coach
lockyno1 said:

I'd be very surprised if he goes to Souths unless they have a spare $500,000 :roll:

Souths will have a lot more than 500k for next year. George Pigggins' lies are no longer heard except for hack radio stations ... they have lots of money, much more than you think.

Stomp

Juniors
Kiwi said:
The Broncos have had most of their players off contract this year. Very few will be off contract next year. Topou, Kelly, and maybe the odd other player but thats it.

Players off contract for the Broncos at the end of 2005 are;

Shaun Berrigan
Steve Irwin
Darren Mapp
Corey Parker
Michael Ryan
David Stagg
Shane Webcke
Gary Tupou
Stuart Kelly

Stomp

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
melon.... said:
Who will Brisvegas sign? The probability will be the Roosters will sign a couple seeing as the following are off contract:
Brett Finch
Chris Flannery
Craig Wing
Jason Cayless
Chris Walker
Stuart Webb

Of these I can only safely say Cayless, Flannery and Wing will be resigned again, with Finch a close dark horse. We could lose Webb, Catic, Walker and with Ricketson retiring, there will be some left over to resign key youngsters like Soward, Soliola and Moke, with some to possibly sign a couple from outside the club.

Sounds possible, probable, feasable...but what about Brisbane? Who have they got off contract and who do YOU think they will release and sign?

That goes for EVERy club fan on this forum. Lets turn this idiotically loaded Thread into a valid communique.

Man im glad we re-signed Benji otherwise he would have been Gorneskys!!!

Kiwi

First Grade
Stomp said:
Kiwi said:
The Broncos have had most of their players off contract this year. Very few will be off contract next year. Topou, Kelly, and maybe the odd other player but thats it.

Players off contract for the Broncos at the end of 2005 are;

Shaun Berrigan
Steve Irwin
Darren Mapp
Corey Parker
Michael Ryan
David Stagg
Shane Webcke
Gary Tupou
Stuart Kelly

Stomp

Didn't Ryan and Stagg re-sign this year? Ryan was off contract and signed a new 2 year deal didn't he? Stagg said in the courier mail that the Roosters offered him a fair bit of money, but turned it down, so if that wasn't last year, he is on a new contract also, for more than a year i'm sure.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Didn't Ryan and Stagg re-sign this year? Ryan was off contract and signed a new 2 year deal didn't he? Stagg said in the courier mail that the Roosters offered him a fair bit of money, but turned it down, so if that wasn't last year, he is on a new contract also, for more than a year i'm sure.

Ryan is resigned till 2006, Stagg I not totally sure but I know he did turn down almost $100,000 that the Roosters were offering. I think he signed an extension on his contract! :clap:

Latest posts