What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who won today? (Jets Vs Dragons)

Hey folks - anyone know who won today's match at Henson?

The last I heard via 2GB on the web broadcast, we were winning 4-0 (4 minutes in).

PLEASE let me know how it turned out.

Also, what was the crowd like? I take it the Hill was a bit thin as there was a Shaggin' Wagon harbour cruise on this arvo. Boy I would have been torn if I'd been in town.

Regards,
TDT-1

I'll answer my own question.

Just heard on 2GB radio (via the net) that Saints won 26-14.

Mind you, it took the Saints' Brett Firman breaking his leg to get it on air...

Regards,
TDT-1

Jeffles

Bench
Overcast weather,
Late start time

Hopefulle the crowds lift for our next PL game on April 17, and in the interim for our april 3 match in JBC against Ourimbah.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Jeffles said:
Overcast weather,
Late start time

Hopefulle the crowds lift for our next PL game on April 17, and in the interim for our april 3 match in JBC against Ourimbah.

dare it to be said, a lack of promotion for the game?

Jeffles

Bench
I don't think so FB.

A reminder email did go out this wek and we did get a fair feew mentions in the media because of Gasnier and Firman.

I think my reasons are more appropriate.

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny what lack of promotion, we were in the local paper, SMH, flyers were distributed email, websites and radio. Please let me know what else we can do on a budget it would be appreciated. Merchandise sales were strong, queues at the canteen which is very rare, raffles up.

I hope you can make it this week to support Trevor and the lads on Saturday when we play JBC against Ourimbah. These guys are still wearing the royal blue and playing with a lot of pride. We have 2 former NRL players in this side in Nelson Lomi who played several first grade games with Easts and also the 5/8 Young who came from Penrith with some first grade experience.

We are not just a one club team so the importance of supporting the JB lads is just as important and they deserve your support as well.

Jeffles

Bench
Agreed Bluebag. The JBC lads deserve more support than they get. A great bunch of blokes toiling away for little gain.

hrundi99

First Grade
The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
Also, what was the crowd like? I take it the Hill was a bit thin as there was a Shaggin' Wagon harbour cruise on this arvo. Boy I would have been torn if I'd been in town.

Regards,
TDT-1

The hill crowd turnout was decent, and Bill was there, so I'm not sure what happened with the cruise...

Jeffles

Bench
We got the bulk of the Big League report too. 3 paragraphs for just that game. Certainly helps the profile.