What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who'll play half?

Who's the Half?

• Fitzy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benji

• Rob Farah

• Keiran Kerr

• Luke Branighan

• Andy Henderson

• other (comment below)

• Total voters

innsaneink

Referee
I'll guess Fitzy will get slotted in there....dunno if he's played there much.
Not too sure about who else there is available and whos played half before.
Its a tough, crucial problem for Sheens. Guess we'll learn a bit more tonite.

4.Halatau
6. Benji
7. Fitzy.

bonstonker

Juniors
i originally said put fitzy in there,but i am going to do a sheens and make a late change.

in attack i would play benji at half and hodgson at 5/8,especially inside the 20.
in defence i would slot halatau in at 5/8 and benji at half

i would then bring lima onto the bench

Gus22

Juniors
I'd go for:

6. Sattler
7. Benji
--------------
17. Lima/Gibbs/Wilson/Heighnington

mikey

Juniors
7. Marshall
6. Galea

We need someone with playing experience to help Marshall in the halves and none of the others really fit. Fitzhenry should stay in the centres, with the occassional incisive run from dummy half.

Tigerpete

Juniors
yeah this is what im worried about, i want fitzy to stay in the centres, he proved why he is best there and he is certainly a weapon out there we need to keep out there, not in the halves where he tends to get lost.

Tigerpete

Juniors
yeah this is what im worried about, i want fitzy to stay in the centres, he proved why he is best there and he is certainly a weapon out there we need to keep out there, not in the halves where he tends to get lost.

steven_tiger

Juniors
i think it should be:

6. galea
7. marshall

fitzy did well in the centres and halatau is going sensational off the bench.. so leave them there.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Its a tough question my chioce would be to go

6. Farah
7. Marshall

But I think they would go with

6. Fitzy
7. Marshall

Gobbso

Juniors
I'd like to see Kerr given an opportunity. He was a star in the making at St.George-Illawarra until injury ruined him for 2 years straight. He displayed some good form on Sunday against the Raiders in Premier League for the Magpies, and showed glimpses of brilliance that got people talking about him. From observing Waitey's comments over the week's, he has continued to say Kerr in a defeated side, was still a standout and was making the #7 jersey his own. His confidence looks to be on the rise, and if given a Black, White and Gold jersey to don on this week, i'm sure he'd rise to the challenge.

Vicious

Bench
It won`t happen but i`d like to see Liam Fulton braught back in to the top grade at 5/8 with Benji at half!Fulton at 5/8 was braught to my attention by some of the supporters on this site who are regular lower grade watchers.Judging by the fact he was ultra impressive when braught in to 1st grade late last year and that he`s been regularly one of the Magpies best this year.He has also scored plenty of tries so far this year and has the proto-type build to be a class lock or 5/8!

McGrime

Juniors
Fitzy was getting lost at five eight I think he would do a better job at half as he would be getting rid of the ball before taking the few steps that was causing him the problems two weeks ago. Fromm that position he can also take on part of the kicking role. Halatau straight into the centres the rest stays the same :)

RifRaf

Juniors
Fitzy will move to the centres, Halatau to the bench and Kerr or Branigan to half... Benji will NOT play halfback... Put money on Kerr but Branigan is an outside chance... ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
uuem said:
Can anyone give a rundown on Kerr - attack , defence ect

He's apparently a fairly prolific tryscorer, for a half anyway.....something like 7 from 6 games or vice versa, with a few of thos from the bench.

SouthernTiger

Juniors
kerr is a stocky half with plenty of pace. he has an organising game in the mould of ricky stuart. great passing game and good short kicking game. Defensively he is fairly solid.He can tackle and isnt afraid to dirty himself either. For mine there are two negatives in his game. His kicks tend to balloon a little bit so sacrifices a few metres. Also he sometimes seems reluctant to lead. Hoepfully that has been rectified. I havent seen him play for a while. But put it this way close to the line with kerr you have plenty of attacking options. And as Ink says he has an amazing tryscoring record wherever he has played

cheers

s. tiger