What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going to the game Sunday?

Risa

Bench
Guess this is a dumb question but I'm interested who's going anyway. Are many people sitting on the hills or have you got the "special" tickets (seat, seats in the grandstand)?? :lol:

I'll be there, on the hill somewhere!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
IM GOING! yay
ive got seats in teh new grandstand not sure where but oh well i just cant wait to get up there and cheer the boys on ;-)

keeney

First Grade
im buying at the gate, wherever that puts me, or i might be prebuying form aussie, dno yet

m0j0

Bench
I'm there on the 40 metre line in the Eastern stand, along side my Knights supporting friend and his poor brainwashed daughter. We went to the game at Aussie last year and he was around my place watching the final between the two, so he's hoping for a bit of revenge.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
keeney said:
im buying at the gate, wherever that puts me, or i might be prebuying form aussie, dno yet
Just thought I'd let you know.....If I was you I'd get my tickets before you get to the game because they are expecting a sellout.

Yeppers I can hardly wait to test drive my new seats \\:D/
I go past the stadium twice a week and Its a bloody miracle I haven't smashed my car craining my neck to see how its progressing!
The swirly pattern that I'd mentioned on another post aren't as swirly as I had initially thought...lol and there are sorta circle sections of colour???
It looks amazing I just hope the atmosphere will be even more intimidating than it was before! :twisted:

keeney

First Grade
thats what i heard, but how often does a game sellout completely on pre soold tickets?

mat_parsons

Juniors
Long way, but I m coming.

Is there a pub close to stadium?
Is it a long walk from Broadmedow station?
If so is there bus from Broadmedow station to the stadium?

m0j0

Bench
mat_parsons said:
Long way, but I m coming.

Is there a pub close to stadium?
Is it a long walk from Broadmedow station?
If so is there bus from Broadmedow station to the stadium?

Not too far to walk from the station. There's no pub that I can recall right near the stadium, the closest watering holes I can remember are at the Nineways (Premier Hotel - near the train station) or at Wests Leagues (New Lambton). There might be something closer, but I don't recall. There's a couple over at Lambton / New Lambton, but they're a bit of a hike on foot.

MC DUI

Juniors
keeney said:
thats what i heard, but how often does a game sellout completely on pre soold tickets?

Keeney yes it usually doesn't sell out before the match but this season before the stadium is completely finished there will be a reduced capacity and as such the stadium will sell out quicker than in the past.

Andy

First Grade
I thought it was 16,000. Never mind.

I'll be there.

Eastern Grandstand.

Bay 5.

Row E.

roopy

Referee
I went and bought a ticket today. I also had a look at the new stand, and it is much more impressive than I thought it would be - all the blue and red seating and easts being red, white and blue will make for spectacular TV footage - it will just be a sea of red and blue.

Doctor

Bench
Simplycheeky said:
I just hope the atmosphere will be even more intimidating than it was before! :twisted:

Concrete will not absord sound as much as the grass will. Hopefully the sounds will echo around a bit, and the significance of the moment will increase the buzz of the crowd.

In recent visits to the stadium there has been a loss of atmosphere since the late 90s days when the cheers were deafening. I wonder whether we've turned too much into a cricket crowd, clapping and then sitting back to watch. It's time for some noise one feels. :clap:

I'll be there, but on the northern hill. Personally I hate sitting on the two ends, I'd rather sit on the 50, but it seems the more financially blessed will have that privilage with the new stadium.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the teeney boppers who patrol the main walkway won't be able to do so as much anymore. Certainly any movement into the new stand will be subject to whether they have a seat or not.

I'm prepared to get there at 12 midday - even then I don't expect to get a huge amount of room on the hill due to the significant decrease in grass area.

Latest posts