What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going to the game Sunday?

Here's a vitally important question: Do we have a scorboard yet? Or are we relying on the big screen coverage for scores again?

Doctor

Bench
sexybum said:
i wish i was coming but i live in sydney and cant drive! lol

Park your so-called "sexy bum" on a train for 2 hours and get off at Broadmeadow Station and your practically there. Follow the trail of red and blue people for about 5-10 minutes and you're there.

Just make sure you get there early people, because Oswin and co do not want you turning up and standing around looking for a spot on the hill as the match starts. Projectiles could be thrown, but I'm not that kind of rowdy spectator.

Parki

Bench
Projectiles could be thrown, but I'm not that kind of rowdy spectator

I am.... you get there late you bear the wrath of Parki and co..... you were warned. :lol: :lol: :lol:

m0j0

Bench
Oswin said:
Simplycheeky said:
In recent visits to the stadium there has been a loss of atmosphere since the late 90s days when the cheers were deafening. I wonder whether we've turned too much into a cricket crowd, clapping and then sitting back to watch. It's time for some noise one feels. :clap:

The last time I was at the stadium was something like '94/'95 I think. It was a Knights/Manly game and just watching the Harragon/Carroll match-up was awesome. The crowd was so alive. I've heard that it's being lacking that intensity for a while but I haven't been there to witness it myself. Here's hoping my return to the ground marks a return to "audience participation" so to speak.

Here's a question to Roopy or anyone else that's watched a lot of lower grade Knights over the years. I remember the day I was at the Knights/Manly game, in Reserve Grade (I think) was a player I knew well from my younger days of Little Athletics - Chad Stephenson. He must have been playing in the centres or on the wing because he was tall and he could run fast. I remember racing against him in the country champs 100m and the best I could manage was about a 12.1, and he must have run close to a sub 11sec, all this at about the age of 14/15. Anyway, I didn't even know he was playing with the Knights so it was a shock to see him on the field. I never did get to a lower grade Knights game for a while after that and I never saw him again. He didn't look like he did much on the day, he only seemed to be there for his speed - kinda like a Shane Whereat. Does anyone remember him and know where he went from there?

IanG

Coach
I'll be there with bells on. Not only that but I'll be at the Test Match next Friday night as well. Go The Knights!! Go The Roos!!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
IanG said:
I'll be there with bells on. Not only that but I'll be at the Test Match next Friday night as well. Go The Knights!! Go The Roos!!

me too :D
i got a long way to drive though :( all up ill be spending about 12 hours in the car... dammit i hate car trips that last over 2 hrs, i get so bored! but driving to newie is definatley worth it
:D ;-)

Oh YEAH-Im there!
Got the tickets thru the week!
I have a mate who is the biggest candyass Gooster supporter out there and he refuses to come and see his team which is about 20 min away from his home!
He reckons he gives them bad luck
So im dragging him along BY THE EARS! :shock:

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
Here's a vitally important question: Do we have a scorboard yet? Or are we relying on the big screen coverage for scores again?
Yes there is a new scoreboard on the Northern end...according to the Herald.
And again according to the Herald the Big Screen will be at it usual place at the southern end.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
the_knights_rule said:
i got a long way to drive though :( all up ill be spending about 12 hours in the car... dammit i hate car trips that last over 2 hrs, i get so bored! but driving to newie is definatley worth it
Well done TKR I applaud your commitment and dedication :clap:

the_knights_rule

First Grade
Simplycheeky said:
the_knights_rule said:
Well done TKR I applaud your commitment and dedication :clap:

i just realised my post soudns like i live 12 hours from newie :oops: but the 12 hours is the two trips up there, it takes about 3- 3 and a half hours to get to newcaslte from down where i live so its not that far, im pretty used to driving there now as i make sure i get to a few home games every year ;-)
less than one day to go :D

Risa

Bench
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=306&zoneid=1

Knights Roosters match draws big crowd

Friday, 16 April 2004 - Newcastle Knights

7,500 brand new seats will be unveiled at EnergyAustralia Stadium this Sunday when the Newcastle Knights take on the Sydney Roosters in their first home game of the year.

Fans wishing to secure a reserved seat are urged to purchase their ticket before match day to avoid disappointment.

As of 5pm Friday, only 1500 reserved seats remained available for sale for the big clash.

In addition to this, approximately 2,500 General Admission tickets remain.

Speaking today, Knights CEO Ken Conway said the game had all the hallmarks of a great match - for players and fans alike.

“Sunday will see the culmination of a huge effort from many people,” he said.

“The construction of the Eastern Concourse has been hectic right throughout the off-season and the results are there for all to see.”

“The football team has also done its part by wining three of five very tough away games to start the season, so the scene has certainly been set.”

“Given the restricted amount of tickets left for sale, I would urge supporters to purchase before Sunday to avoid disappointment.”

“Those with tickets should also allow plenty of time to arrive at the ground and find their way to their seats in comfort, well before kick-off.”

“At this stage, I would also warn NRL season pass-holders, that in the case of a sell-out, those passes will not gain the owner access to the ground.”

Finishing touches to the ground will be made during the course of tomorrow.

The team will also have its first training session of 2004 on The Stadium, tomorrow morning in preparation for the Roosters match.