What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going to the Origin 3???

ibeme

First Grade
It can't be much more than 10000 to the public. The rest go to touring parties, corporate sponsors, and rugby clubs. I remeber seeing something about it a year or two ago

***MH***

Bench
Dragon Fanatic said:
MH you are very very wrong
The ARU have only released 13,000 tickets to the General Public for this years Bledisloe Cup match at Homebush. Priority fans were also required to purchase a ticket to the Wallabies-Scotland test at Telstra Stadium on June 19.

stuff.co.nz said:
Bledisloe tickets slow to move
04 May 2004

Last year, outside the World Cup finals, a seat for the Bledisloe Cup rugby showdown at Telstra Stadium here was the hottest rugby ticket going.

But curiously this year's August 7 clash between the All Blacks and Wallabies at the 83,000 seat Olympics venue hasn't quite had the same pulling power this time around.

The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) released 13,000 seats for general sale at 11am (NZT) today and by 5.30pm there were still about 1000 seats available.

Last year an allocation of about 10,000 seats was snapped up in minutes, prompting numerous complaints to the ARU about the number available to the rugby public.

An ARU spokesman was unsure about why the tickets were relatively slow to move today, compared to the frantic grab in 2003.

More tickets were released than anticipated for general sale after the amount allocated to priority fans – those who had purchased a ticket last year or attended the World Cup – were not exhausted by last week.

Priority fans were also required to purchase a ticket to the Wallabies-Scotland test at Telstra Stadium on June 19.

Bledisloe Cup tickets cost between $A64 ($NZ75) and $A149 and are sold through ticketek.com.au.

***MH***

Bench
The ARL do the opposite of the ARU and actually sell most of the tickets to the public and give away a few to it's sponsors and their affiliated organizations

Simo

First Grade
I went last night and had a ball!

What a game. I managed to get hold of tickets at about 5pm and got my butt straight in there!

I love Origin!!!

Simo

First Grade
I was on about the 10 meter line, Front row of the top stand on the western side. Isle 629.

It is SSSSSOOOOOO much better at the front of that top stand than the back. I sat Right right up the back for game 3 2002 and i couldnt even see the the top half of the opposite stand because the roof cut it off.

Everytime i went for a whiz and i got to the bottom i realised how much atmosphere it takes away.

Telstra needs a European style high angle roof so that you can get the whole feel of the stadium even at the back.

P.S. newie how is your voice after the FG went over?

Rusty

Juniors
I didnt have a voice after that the ball went over,we could see it clearly because we were seated to the left of the tryline.
Lucky though that I did lose my voice or else I wouldnt of had a good excuse not to go to work the next day 8)

I'll be there at Origin 3, hope to get better seats though ;-) How could I miss Bedsy lift the shield? :shock: :clap:

Risa

Bench
I'll be in bay 107 for Origin III. Got my tickets the day they came on sale! Never been to an Origin match before.

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
ill be at some pub watching the game while i enjoy my first legal drink :alcho: :alcho:
i was going to go to the game but im pov at the moment plus no one would go with me

Latest posts