What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's ready to tear their hair out if they hear any more about Sam Burgess?

Are you sick to death of SAM BURGESS?

• Total voters

simostorm

Bench
he hasnt even played 1 regular season game.. and yous are criticising.. tearing him down.. hmm.. pretty interesting the way ppl from NSW go on about there players.

Fein

First Grade
Certainly sick of hearing his name, although hardly his fault so I don't hold it against him. Crowe is going to need to use all of his sway to stop him spending every 4th week suspended though.

Having said that, the NRL have already turned a blind eye to $800k+ worth of payments to burgess to get him here so perhaps they'll go lightly on him with at the judiciary too

:lol::lol:

STFU you jealous whining bitch and just keep rotating on that spoon, it suits you.

Mr Saab

Referee
A late hit on Prince.

An altercation with Ferguson in the second quater.

Don't get me wrong here, he isn't of the standard of say a Paul Gallen. But, I can certainly see how Shorty came up with that assessment.

How f**kING soft are you???????
He hit Preston very hard in a LEGAL tackle and Blake had a cry about it and pushed Burgess who replied with some verbal and moved away.
Preston didnt seem to cry about it...it was a legit front on tackle and Preston paid the price for weighing less than 80kg. If you run into props, thats what can happen!!!
FMD this is LEAGUE, not f**king oztag!!!!!!!!!!
This game is becoming soft with fans like you!!!!!
As for Shorty, well, less said about her the better....she wants to turn our great game into touch football.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
How f**kING soft are you???????
He hit Preston very hard in a LEGAL tackle and Blake had a cry about it and pushed Burgess who replied with some verbal and moved away.
Preston didnt seem to cry about it...it was a legit front on tackle and Preston paid the price for weighing less than 80kg. If you run into props, thats what can happen!!!
FMD this is LEAGUE, not f**king oztag!!!!!!!!!!
This game is becoming soft with fans like you!!!!!
As for Shorty, well, less said about her the better....she wants to turn our great game into touch football.

That wasn't it.

Ferguson ran the ball from dummy half and ran a good twenty metres away from the play the ball, far enough for Burgess not to get involved as Ferguson was well covered.

Yet Burgess chased him the entire way and got over-friendly in the play the ball area. After Ferguson had already been tackled. Pretty cheap thing to do, but aye.

I'm not deploring him. I'm just saying if you think he's clean...well you got another thing coming.

Mr Saab

Referee
Why would Fergurson carry like a girl aftr Preston got hit hard in alegal tackle and push Burgess which quite easily could have started something more serious?
Burgess did nothing wrong in the all star game whatsoever and i am not a souths lover at all....i just dont like blatant lies.

Big Pete

Referee
Why would Fergurson carry like a girl aftr Preston got hit hard in alegal tackle and push Burgess which quite easily could have started something more serious?
Burgess did nothing wrong in the all star game whatsoever and i am not a souths lover at all....i just dont like blatant lies.

Except knock on, throw some bad offloads, give away a stupid penalty for attacking the legs of the kicker and the cheap play the ball ruckus with Ferguson. That's going from memory.

To be fair, the pros severely far out-weigh the cons.

Mr Saab

Referee
Except knock on, throw some bad offloads, give away a stupid penalty for attacking the legs of the kicker and the cheap play the ball ruckus with Ferguson. That's going from memory.

To be fair, the pros severely far out-weigh the cons.

What the????????

what has knock ons and bad offloads have to do with his character? You are lost!

How many times do i have to explain it to you?
The play the ball ruckus was ALL Fergurson who as i said took exception to Preston being tackled hard but legally in a sensational front on tackle. Fergo was the one that pushed Sam first and Sam didnt go on with it when he could have easily smacked that tosser in the head.

Big Pete

Referee
What the????????

what has knock ons and bad offloads have to do with his character? You are lost!

How many times do i have to explain it to you?
The play the ball ruckus was ALL Fergurson who as i said took exception to Preston being tackled hard but legally in a sensational front on tackle. Fergo was the one that pushed Sam first and Sam didnt go on with it when he could have easily smacked that tosser in the head.

You said he did nothing wrong in that game what so ever. I just took it literally and highlighted he made mistakes. He wasn't perfect.

That's not the ruckus I'm refering to.

I'm refering to the next play.

Mr Saab

Referee
The next play again had nothing it in. This is a mans game, not marbles in the school yard.
And i didnt think i needed to explain myself re "he didnt do anything wrong" when this was all about his character. Every player in the game made schoolboy errors but that was to be expected.

Big Pete

Referee
The next play again had nothing it in. This is a mans game, not marbles in the school yard.
And i didnt think i needed to explain myself re "he didnt do anything wrong" when this was all about his character. Every player in the game made schoolboy errors but that was to be expected.

I never questioned his character, rather that he wasn't a clean skin.

Then again, nobody is in Rugby League.

That's why we love this game.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Well to the polls, we now have some idiot in another thread asking if his the best forward in the NRL in a poll and he hasn't even played a game.

I am not bagging him out there's no doubt his a great prospect but his proven ZERO in the NRL, nor am I bagging out South's ect generally good folk with a passion for the game.

But I cannot take anymore Burgess!

Baron, It's pronounced "he is" or "he's" mate.

NAS

Juniors
In all honesty, the whole Sam Burgess issue needs to be put into perspective. It's not so much about souths, as it is about the competition securing the very best talent that the other competition has to offer.......

Remember, the NRL has been hit pretty hard over the last few years with defections to other codes and comps.......Players in their prime are going to England. Others such as Sailor, Tuquri, Tahu, Rogers and so on went to Rugby during some of the prime years of their careers. Finally, the game's two brightest stars of the new millenium, Sonny Bill Williams and Karmichael Hunt walked out on the game....

Burgess represents a buck in that trend. Here we have a genuine superstar from another competition joining our ranks.. He was the bloke used to promote the ESL (see hit on Fuifui). He was the bloke that everyone was talking about. He was the England star that outshone all the australians on the paddock in the 4 nations.

It makes sense for everyone associated with our game, even mortal enemies such as Phil Gould and Phil Rothfield to agree about the value of this acquisition.

Can he deliver? Well in one sense, he already has.........

Evil Homer

Staff member
Burgess is one of the fairest players around. In fact he spent his first two years at Bradford combining playing with being a full-time carer for his dad, who died from motor neurone disease in 2007, and looking after his younger brothers Tom and George who were 14 at the time. He's never been sent off or suspended, or even cautioned AFAIK. He even saved a guy's life while watching a trial game a couple of years ago. I can't believe some Aussie merkin is calling him a thug :lol:

Borat.

Juniors
Burgess is one of the fairest players around. In fact he spent his first two years at Bradford combining playing with being a full-time carer for his dad, who died from motor neurone disease in 2007, and looking after his younger brothers Tom and George who were 14 at the time. He's never been sent off or suspended, or even cautioned AFAIK. He even saved a guy's life while watching a trial game a couple of years ago. I can't believe some Aussie merkin is calling him a thug :lol:

apparently you can only hit blokes bigger than you.....

He is a superstar, Ellis had a sensational season, but Burgess will go even better- If England play him in the 2nd row with Ellis, its the best 2nd row in interantional football....until they clone watmough