What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's seen Rob Weaver and Panther03?

Dave Q

Coach
We all remember Rob, the intrepid master of the media at Panthers HQ and a personal friend of Shane Richardson.

Rob and I had our tough times, but at the end of the day, I like to think that there was some respect there.

03, from sworn enemies, he became a pretty good mate and was there at the birth of my first-born. I recall he liked the AFL.

I was wondering if anybody has seen these boys skulking around CUA or is the case that once the site imploded, everybody left.

Of course the biggest nut-case was Ross. He was famous for writing very unkind and intimidating personal messages. So much so I had my copper mate look at one for a laugh.

Now I dont want to spear the old site because the current media guy is excellent value.

But I miss my old friends and am interested in how they are.

Last time I checked I was still unplugged from the forum and not about to present as an unwelcome guest in such hallowed halls.

What say you my catchment neighbours?!

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
You've lost the plot Dave. Love God Weaver was a clown.

Yes, thanks for that Fibro.

Its obviously the off-season madness setting in.

May have to throw a few firebombs at AFL park (down the road) for counselling.

GongPanther

Referee
Rob was good value as a mod while doing a job that sometimes would have been a thankless task.

It did pay off in 2003 when we won that title and I'm sure Rob would have had a tear in his eye the first time he could have got time alone.

Shame when he left though...I tried looking him up when I payed a visit to the Panthers Club about 4 years ago but I got too pissed by the time he was due to come down from his office so I left for fear of self ridicule.

Fibroman

First Grade
Rob was good value as a mod while doing a job that sometimes would have been a thankless task.

It did pay off in 2003 when we won that title and I'm sure Rob would have had a tear in his eye the first time he could have got time alone.

Shame when he left though...I tried looking him up when I payed a visit to the Panthers Club about 4 years ago but I got too pissed by the time he was due to come down from his office so I left for fear of self ridicule.

lmao

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I think Panther03 losthis marbles and went a bit strange by harrassing a number of people and turning on his own.

Weaver, he's up the mountain in Katoomba where they sky rail is.

Dave Q

Coach
I think Weaves iced me from the Panther forum.....because he could!!

It makes sense that he lives up in the mountains.

As for 03, I heard he went mad too.

Having said that, we buried the hatchet just before I was knifed and I discovered that he was actually an O.K guy.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Dave, The new regrime makes Rob looklike mother Teresa. Dare not tow the commy line & have the forum look at you like you ate a baby. Not been back for years can't say its missed here is alot better. As for Rob I last saw him at the BBQ under the Eastern stand giving in to some guy coz he got the last onions. Despite the fact he had about 8 sangas & could do with missing the odd meal

Dave Q

Coach
Dave, The new regrime makes Rob looklike mother Teresa. Dare not tow the commy line & have the forum look at you like you ate a baby. Not been back for years can't say its missed here is alot better. As for Rob I last saw him at the BBQ under the Eastern stand giving in to some guy coz he got the last onions. Despite the fact he had about 8 sangas & could do with missing the odd meal

Yes.

I suppose the thing is that behind the club is a load of corpses who took their last breaths in pained positions and have stayed like it.

You cant run a club with stepping on a few toes, but they have been merciless.

I can assume Weaves is still on the fringes of the machine. Did his time and gets a few crumbs ( but not onions) here and there.

I think here is a lot better. More tolerant, appreciate the fact that when all is said and done, people are capable of having the odd independent thoughts and that to question is not to critique or disrespect anyone. I was brought up to believe that listening and questioning was a good thing.

So even Rob, despite his bad manners and all that, I dont actually hate him. Not at all. But I know people who have a particular dislike for him. People I respect who have played for and love the club and all that. I guess thats the world.

Thanks for the insight too.

I might say I was recently criticised for living in the Blacktown Local Council area. Well, Im fugging sorry, I fugging like it.

Funny how the only people who say how crap our area is, dont actually live here.

Funny how the bunnies, according to their official stats, have more members living west of strathfeild and the rural areas than east of it!

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Now I come to think of it. At the bottom of the website the Program's name is Weaver 4.0 or something I don't think its a co-incidence. Exactly having fans from all teams disagreements will happen. But if I run into anyone from here id have a beer with them despite disagreements in the past. It seems for 1 Panthers shirt you see 4 of any other team out here. They seem to have trouble coming west to pinch our juniors

Dave Q

Coach
Now I come to think of it. At the bottom of the website the Program's name is Weaver 4.0 or something I don't think its a co-incidence. Exactly having fans from all teams disagreements will happen. But if I run into anyone from here id have a beer with them despite disagreements in the past. It seems for 1 Panthers shirt you see 4 of any other team out here. They seem to have trouble coming west to pinch our juniors

As for the juniors, as I understand it the club has a number of agents out there in the feild, but so far as I am aware:

a) They miss a bolter or two.
b) Young players are approached by other clubs and managers earlier than before making a clear run up the ranks harder.
c) There are a number of players struggling for fewer available positions than say a club elsewhere, so they head off.

Its not feasible to let a number of good young players sit around and get older doing nothing.

So a few years ago, a good source told me that the Bulldogs were in town because theyd made contact with a good player at a local high school who only just missed his panther stripes.

And they dont just turn up at training and say "hey you" They look at a intro point. They may even get someone famous to ring his parents. People are impressed by that.

I thought that part of the reason Elliot was brought in was to try to address the drain from the pool of talent. I dont know whether he has been succesful.

I suppose the rape and pillage will continue, I guess its about controlling the things you can control, making a good fist of it. But the front is too wide to close the gap. Good players will always slip through. You can only try...

I dont see much of the panthers around here anymore. Blackkers is getting overun by the AFL.

LeagueLegend

Juniors

That's a bit harsh, they allow Timiz to comment so it can't be all that bad.

Fibroman

First Grade
most of those dickheads on PI need to get out and see a bit of real life. I think they have been towing the PC line for too long and are now sharing the same brain.

Claws Panther

Juniors
Your point? I don't post on the forum. In fact other then to sign up for my membership I haven't been on the website since pre-season of 2008. After a run in with Max.
i think his point for those who visit both the forums is that everyone knows there is a massive similarity in yourself and Timiz. perhaps he is just your stalker I dont know but you have both written posts that are identical, word for word copy and paste stuff. Even though you might not be posting on PI your posts are getting posted on PI. Sorry thought you knew?? Max is no longer working at Panthers, not sure if that means anything as i have no idea what your run in was about?
Hey i never received that letter you said you were going to send? Maybe we can catch up at the Members BBQ on the 27th??

franklin2323

Immortal
i think his point for those who visit both the forums is that everyone knows there is a massive similarity in yourself and Timiz. perhaps he is just your stalker I dont know but you have both written posts that are identical, word for word copy and paste stuff. Even though you might not be posting on PI your posts are getting posted on PI. Sorry thought you knew?? Max is no longer working at Panthers, not sure if that means anything as i have no idea what your run in was about?
Hey i never received that letter you said you were going to send? Maybe we can catch up at the Members BBQ on the 27th??
Oh maybe he has the same sh1t crapberry as me. Its rubbish you can't write in Paragraphs or anything. As for my posts people can use them for whatever people want. Most of the question I pose must be pretty good if they are being copied. Some people on here just post here. Some post in both so it's not where I can't I just get no where posting over there. I didn't know that I just assumed he would be there until death. You play A grade with players brothers find out stuff post it he tears you apart as you can't know cause you weren't there. Anyone knows the clua doesn't speculate so you won't know except for word of mouth. Yeah I found out who you were & was going to do it in person. I have been in to the shop to buy a few of those $35 jerseys but you haven't been in there. If not either trial I will come & say hi at the BBQ.

Last edited:

Claws Panther

Juniors
Oh maybe he has the same sh1t crapberry as me. Its rubbish you can't write in Paragraphs or anything. As for my posts people can use them for whatever people want. Most of the question I pose must be pretty good if they are being copied. Some people on here just post here. Some post in both so it's not where I can't I just get no where posting over there. I didn't know that I just assumed he would be there until death. You play A grade with players brothers find out stuff post it he tears you apart as you can't know cause you weren't there. Anyone knows the clua doesn't speculate so you won't know except for word of mouth. Yeah I found out who you were & was going to do it in person. I have been in to the shop to buy a few of those $35 jerseys but you haven't been in there. If not either trial I will come & say hi at the BBQ.
Cool I look forward to seeing you at Centrebet stadium, might try and introduce you to Timiz. we will be running that stadium tours at the BBQ so hopefully able to give you some more inside info there.

Doomednow

Bench
I dont see much of the panthers around here anymore. Blackkers is getting overun by the AFL.

I moved out of the Penrith area just over a year ago, how full on has the AFL saturation been? I'm curious, because I generally never saw a lot of Panthers branding or publicity. Which I found annoying, considering the amount of other team's fans living out there.