What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's up?

mullet

Juniors
Pierre the Horrible said:
The next world cup ought to played at Cabramatta... then we wouldn't need overseas tourists to support a country!!!!

thats a silly comment for so mamy reasons

Anyhow that was the worst way to finish, poor Lucas Neil!!

The clear difference was Harry

The Nulla #2

Bench
mullet said:
thats a silly comment for so mamy reasons

Anyhow that was the worst way to finish, poor Lucas Neil!!

The clear difference was Harry

NO way, hes done nothing all world cup except score from an off side position

He should be leading the golden boot with the chances hes had

McLovin

Staff member
What a robbery, someone call the cops FFS...

60% pos, total domination in that 2nd half, THEN the Itals make a break and get awarded a penalty kick. What a fuggen joke of a game...

mr_sharks

Juniors
Such an unfortunate way to end an inspiring campaign. The penalty decision really does leave one helluva bitter taste in your mouth.

newman

First Grade
All the years of toil and good work that Guus, John ONeill, Les Murray, Johnny Warren et al have done to bring soccer to prominence in this country has all been categorically undone by one shocking refereeing decision. Bad luck boys, but you will never be no1.

I was an unashamed bandwagon jumper and am furious today. All I could think was "Cant wait fot the next sharks game, so I get rid of this feeling.

beekershark

Bench
carcharias said:
0,5001,5176100,00.gif

2071.jpg

Picture speaks a thousand words ?

that Carch, is GOLD ! well done son ! captured it prefectly !

White Poiner

Coach
The Nulla #2 said:

Incorrect..

He has done heaps..

But your comment about scoring is correct..He has not done sh*te..
Open shot against brazil.
Croatian Volly. Two big examples.

Australia do not have one world class finisher.

The ref had no other choice.. Neil was in the way..he still took the player out.
Its not jsut the guys with the ball that can make it look like an accident. lol

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
It was an incorrect decision. Personally I thought their should have been a foul... against the Italian for diving! But in anycase, Neil couldnt have been done for tackling him because he didnt do that, the ONLY foul it could have been is obstruction/impediment. However, go to the fifa site and you will find that this is an indirect penalty, even when in the box... so he penalised him for the tackle :x

mullet

Juniors
The Nulla #2 said:

sorry my brief comment leaves it open for interpretation.

Harry has done so much for Australia, his attacking flair was what was missed last night. In term of finishing yes he has done sh*t all!

The Australians last night did nothing to test Buffon apart from the standard. Italy was one man down and being dominated yet the aussies continued to push around stupid little passes instead of attacking full throttle. Their play was a little to structured. They lack attacking flair and thats the difference without Harry.

Harry has had problems with gout before i remember chatting to his parents about it. Its unfortunate but lets not forget the dodgy red card the italian got and the Breciano 'roll' if you want to talk about theatrics.

Its all over now, a round of applause for the socceroos, im proud but now lets get RL back on the front pages of sport section in the newspapers!

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
The Australians last night did nothing to test Buffon apart from the standard. Italy was one man down and being dominated yet the aussies continued to push around stupid little passes instead of attacking full throttle. Their play was a little to structured. They lack attacking flair and thats the difference without Harry.

I think bringing on Kennedy and Co would have helped as well... but Guus was obviously waiting till extra time. Fatal mistake IMO.

mullet

Juniors
Sutho_Sharks said:
I think bringing on Kennedy and Co would have helped as well... but Guus was obviously waiting till extra time. Fatal mistake IMO.

Well yes Aloisi came on too late and Kennedy, well i was waiting patiently...

!fullback!

Juniors
will not watch another soccer game. it really is a twinkies game. a guy falls over and wins the match for his team. what a f**kin joke

Macca

Coach
Apalling decision, yes. The Aussies had their chances and blew it though. Still it should have been decided in a better way than that!

Could be worse Switzerland got knocked out the same night and they didn't have a goal scored against them in the whole tournament!

Just think of that, we would be playing the Ukraine in a World Cup Q/F.

Macca

Coach
A semi vs Argentina or Germany. Would have been a chance too. Bugger it, it's over, I can go back to just being a Liverpool fan again.