What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Your team???

The_Frog

First Grade
If Greater Western Sydney were in fact Greater Western Sydney and not Eastern Sydney II, I could possibly wish them victory, if not actually watch their games. But alas, they are not. They had their chance at Blacktown (actually Rooty Hill) but didn't want to spend money. As it is, they are trapped between demographics, and their support reflects that.

horrie hastings

First Grade
If Greater Western Sydney were in fact Greater Western Sydney and not Eastern Sydney II, I could possibly wish them victory, if not actually watch their games. But alas, they are not. They had their chance at Blacktown (actually Rooty Hill) but didn't want to spend money. As it is, they are trapped between demographics, and their support reflects that.

Not to mention they are the part time Canberra side also.

Following an officially-designated "personal spat" on the NRL crowd thread with one of the more adorable members of the forum, I've retreated to this lonely and secluded spot for a few reflections.

Firstly, those who allege others are derailing threads with AFL references are often the same posters whose contributions are littered with AFL references. This is either steaming hypocrisy or lack of self-awareness bordering on psychosis.

Secondly, if all discussion of AFL has to meet a standard of antagonism it will eventually descend into banality.

Thirdly, I am an English RL supporter attempting to find the right balance on an Australian forum. The NRL/AFL code war is not my fight. Some Australians, however much they abhor AFL, might not take kindly to a Pom sneering at Aussies.

As a child, I once made the mistake of trying to break up a feline squabble involving my own cat. He showed his gratitude by almost biting off my index finger. Several stitches required. The experience prompted the rueful conclusion that caution is advised when intervening in disputes which are individually none of your business.

And finally, on topic. My favourite AFL club is the Giants. Long may they continue to flounder.

Latest posts