What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's your team?

God-King Dean

Immortal
This is more a question for Aussie ESL fans, but Poms can say too.

Which ESL side do you go for & why?

JK

Castleford - just because. I am not set on them and quite like St Helens due to them buying ex-Dogs and Leeds for no apparent reason either.

I dislike Bradford though I like their players. Must be the german colour scheme!

Apart from that they are all fine.

LESStar58

Referee
St Helens. My dad was in a pub in London after the Challenge Cup Final in 96 (which Saints came back to win!) gainst Leeds. He was talking to a middle-aged fella and a bunch of his mates, Saints supporters all, and this guy had a 1989 Challenge Cup Cloth hat and my dad said that it was a nice hat and that his son (i.e. me!) might like it. The old guy told my dad that if he bought him a pint the hat was his and he could give it to me. So beer and headware changed hands and I got the hat when he came home a month later and was instantly a St Helens fan!

For the record, my dad tried to get his jumper as well but the guy wouldn't let him have it!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Although I'm not heavily involved in ESL & my team in support is subject to change, my fav team is Wigan, just because Farrell is a favourite player & I've always liked Lamb.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
JK said:
Castleford - just because. I am not set on them and quite like St Helens due to them buying ex-Dogs and Leeds for no apparent reason either.

I dislike Bradford though I like their players. Must be the german colour scheme!

Apart from that they are all fine.

Good man! :thumb:

Captain Chaos

Juniors
Surely there must be some Aussie supporters for the side that represents the Birthplace of The Greatest Game!

Philistines!

vbfg

Juniors
JK said:

Belgian. ;) The German colours are in the wrong order. The Belgian flag, if you turn it anti-clockwise through 90 degrees, has the right colours in the right order.

Zer can be no suggesstion zat ve are from der Fatherland.

Jamesy

Juniors
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GO THE RHINOS. they're the only team worth supporting in the ESL. :clap: :clap: :clap:

lolesi

First Grade
Leeds - Recent times Cronulla has had a good relationship with leaders and alot of the Aussie players i like seem to end up at Leeds, so they are my ESL team.

terracesider

Juniors
A Bradford player:
be-lgflag.gif

A Bradford player lying down:
gm-lgflag.gif

shaggy

Juniors
Wet Cat and Cheese said:
cheeseman_james said:
1 Wigan
2 Widnes

I didn't know anyone liked Widnes ;-)

more when they were in div 1 cause there the vikings & i go 4 the raiders, so made sense
supported the warriors 1st though

DrewBeliever

Juniors
My favourite team are Bradford well there 2nd behind Canberra, but that's another story!

Why, because I lived pretty close to Matthew Elliott and he advised me to go down to Odsal Stadium and watch the lads play.

He also hooked me and my School up with some free training sessions to learn the rules and to meet the players.

:thumn Elliott you bloody Legend!

anastabation

Juniors
I supported Wigan because when I was little they were "on top of the ladder" :lol:

Don't lose any sleep over them though.

i support hull cause they was not a favourite team when i started supporting them and bradford cause there is alot of new zealand influence