What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we lacking in attack ???

eelement

Juniors
We should have plenty of attack fire like an F-18 super hornet!

Attachments

• f18comp.jpg
    f18comp.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 12

slammingsam

Juniors
Because Keatings only play is to run and Mortimer isnt a halfback - his passing is pretty bad..

For some reason keating reminds me of Jones from the Roosters.

strider

Post Whore
our set moves are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly predictable ..... and I really mean SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO predictable

all the decoy runners, pass behind things we do are like they are doing some slow motion training drill - and its so painfully obvious who's gonna get the ball

Parraletic

Juniors
I agree with Strider. We need to go back to just playing footy instead of the structured crap we've been playing lately. If I recall it, we played a little ad-lib football last year & it didn't workout too badly.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
We should have plenty of attack fire like an F-18 super hornet!
We have a good engine, we have plenty of weapons, we could fly and go real fast and blow everyone up. We just don't have a pilot.:(

KK is ok, but he is more of a running, offloading 5/8 rather than a 'lead the team around the park' type player.
Morts, he seems to be constantly wearing a cloak of invisibility.

eels bloke

Juniors
Slow play the balls, dominated by the opposition defence, ball handling errors, no forward pack momentum, lack of field position, short kicking game in opp 20.

TheParraboy

Staff member
our set moves are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly predictable ..... and I really mean SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO predictable

all the decoy runners, pass behind things we do are like they are doing some slow motion training drill - and its so painfully obvious who's gonna get the ball

We did the same thing vs dragons at kogarah rd 26 last year

Hindy and Grothe pulled out of that game as well :-k

Fathead

Bench
Do we have the slowest play the balls in the game ???

Hayne plays the ball so slowly, he should be booked for holding up traffic.

hindy111

Post Whore
But we had the same halves last year...
I think its our forwards personaly-No balls.No aggression-Easy targets-Slow play the balls..Could have andrew johns and make no difference!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I agree with Strider. We need to go back to just playing footy instead of the structured crap we've been playing lately. If I recall it, we played a little ad-lib football last year & it didn't workout too badly.

Yep.

It's hit-and-miss (the ad-lib style) but it suits our players best. We just don't have the team to play the grindy style Anderson wanted from us tonight.

At least I assume he wanted us to play like that - we would've been lucky to try 10 offloads tonight - it looked like round 26 at Kogarah last year.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Our Problem is.....

Robson
K Keating
Mortimer
M Keating

All these guys are not seasoned first graders Robson before last season was a third stringer.. Kris Keating and Mortimer where just finding there feet and Matt keating was the only full time starter all season..

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
Mission control could do with some direction as well..........:sarcasm:

I was going to mention Ando, but I think the players have screwed him over a bit.

He come in last year and tried to be really structured and put Hayne in at 5/8 because he recognised Haynes ability to play there.
Hayne spat the dummy and gave little or no effort until he got handed #1 and the others didn't seem to respond too well to structure. So in Ando's words he "threw the playbook out the window" then they started to ad lib and offload like crazy and went on a great run to the GF.

This year they just haven't been able to play the same way, for whatever reason, I don't know. At the start of the year Hayne even come in was playing more of a 5/8 role, the one he spat the dummy about last year.

Ando though needs to somehow stop the rot, that's what he's paid for. I just think he doesn't want to try too much structure because they didn't respond too well last time he tried it. He's a bit damned if he does damned if doesn't at the moment.

Gronk

Staff member
Our problem is that the halves don't have much in their bag of tricks and the forwards fail to give decent field position.

On the rare occasions that we are in an attacking position, we have no f**king idea. No plan. Just hit it up for a few and maybe kick it to a winger. Don't we practice a grubber through to a running back ? Don't we have rehearsed plays with decoy runners ?

It seems that our only attacking options are tackle 5 bomb, tackle 5 chip to winger or give it to Jazz.

lingard

Coach
But we had the same halves last year...
I think its our forwards personaly-No balls.No aggression-Easy targets-Slow play the balls..Could have andrew johns and make no difference!!!

Actually, no we didn`t. We had Jeff Robson at half and Mortimer at five-eight.