What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Barba will never be SOO material

Jason Maher

Immortal
f**k me dead I'm sick of hearing that some players are "too small for Origin". If they're big enough for the NRL, they're big enough for Origin.

Fire

First Grade
I've never seen so many stupid comments in one thread before, and it's not even 50 posts old yet.

If some people are trolling, lift your game you shit merkins because you're not really funny.

If some people are serious, let me catch my breath so I can laugh even harder at you fools.

WayneBennett

Juniors
I've never seen so many stupid comments in one thread before, and it's not even 50 posts old yet.

If some people are trolling, lift your game you shit merkins because you're not really funny.

If some people are serious, let me catch my breath so I can laugh even harder at you fools.
mlfw1827-You_Seem_Upset.png

RWB

Bench
I think it's interesting, not so much the posts so far in this thread but Barba's origin future.

Slater will more likely than not hold his position until he retires and then really the next best fullback in line is Greg Inglis.

He's really not a utility because he's only proven in the position of fullback in first grade so it would be an absurd selection (although I could definitely see it happening).

I reckon he's a good chance of becoming one of the better players not to have played origin footy.

hellteam

First Grade
I think Barba will be the fullback after Slater retires and Inglis will stay out in the centres

Everyone knows GI thrives at Origin and without Slater there it would take alot to shift Inglis from Fullback.

Barba's first stop could be on the wing like Slater's was back in 2004. Who would they bench to give Barba a go if he was playing impact?.

Barba is no doubt a talent, but busting up the 7 time winning combo of slater/thurston/smith? Not so sure, i see him more as a bench impact type late in the game to exploit tired forwards.

Slater isn't part of a 7 time winning combo.
It took him quite a few years to nail down that fullback spot.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I think it's interesting, not so much the posts so far in this thread but Barba's origin future.

Slater will more likely than not hold his position until he retires and then really the next best fullback in line is Greg Inglis.

He's really not a utility because he's only proven in the position of fullback in first grade so it would be an absurd selection (although I could definitely see it happening).

I reckon he's a good chance of becoming one of the better players not to have played origin footy.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

The way I'm feeling about Inglis at the moment I'm all for moving Slater to let the big man play full back......let alone trying to squeeze in the little guy who's no good under the high ball and is still IMO questionable with his front on defence.

So I'm afraid you're right......Barba will join the ranks of Merrit, Blacklock and Phil Blake as gifted ball runners, but not quite the right fit for SOO.