What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did the agreement with Souths fall through

ozzie

Bench
Reading the "Pride" I noted Souths were up in arms about playing Newtown in Premier League, calling them Roosters Second Grade side and were dirty with you signing an agreement with the devil...I hadn't realised that you and Souths had an agreement in the past so could someone enlighten me to what it was all about and why didn't it continue

Also do you believe the partnership with the Roosters will be in Newtown's benefit compared to the partnership with Souths and Cronulla?

Jeffles

Bench
Souths didn't give Newtown one player until Newtown threatened to close their Leagues Club. Even after that they only gave Newtown one player (though he was quite good it was not enough).

Newtown and Cronulla fell through because both clubs sought a different arrangement for 2006. Cronulla wanted what Newtown weren't prepared to offer and vice versa. It was mutual disagreement.

Newtown and the Roosters is a better deal than any cklub has offered Newtown before. We would have been stupid not to take it.

brendothejet

First Grade
souths are the worst rugby league club in the history of the game. It is as simple as that.

A club that has performed so amazingly poorly for nigh on 20 years.

Go f yourself south sydney.