What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Firman?

bowen_1

Juniors
Why does Brett Firman always get picked ahead of Brent McConnell? This guy simply can't play, I don't know why they've picked him again this week for the game against the sharks in the absence of Thurston. McConnell's been a great player for the young guns over the last 2 years. Firman's nowhere near up to NRL standard, and anyone who watched the young guns play last week would agree that McConnell was the much more dominant halve. Surely McConnell deserves a chance to shine in NRL, and if he doesn't soon, he'll probably look elsewhere for an opportunity, which would be a shame, because i think he's the answer to our halves situation. I'd have him at halfback with JT at 5/8.

Jordan

Juniors
McConnell is a good player, but he's not an organiser. I think Firman has the potential to be a great organising halve, which is what we need. Mcconnell would fit quit well into the Thurston/Bowen/Payne scheme of things, but I think we need to get a more structured element of play about our game going as well.

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Seeing the cowboys have been using Justin Smith at 5/8, it wouldnt hurt to try McConnell. Even if he isn't the best organiser, I don't see Justin Smith really filling that role. Firman is not turning out to be what he could have been. It is time to try something else to get out of this slide.

Nevcost

Juniors
I reckon you should try McConnell or maybe even Payne at Halfback with Faiumu starting at Hooker and bring an extra 2nd rower or prop on the bench. Annother oprtion worth considering is Bowen at Halfback even

bowen_1

Juniors
Yeah i agree with Bowen moving to halfback, he seemed to be there for the most part when Thurston went off, and looks to be pretty comfortable there. He's got a good kicking game, and I think the cowboys would miss Payne's penetration from dummy half if he played halfback.

Latest posts