What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is There no

I agree, but if it is why nwould they differ in opinions so regulary?

What has happened is wrong in my eyes, I have taken the time to contact the club and credit should be paid when credit is due, Jenny was more than pleasant when I spoke to her and would not give to many details as in to what went on behind the scenes, I wish her all the very best in the future and would like to think the directors who pushed her would at least be men enough to accept there responsabilitys as board members and give us supporters the reason behind their actions!

GOOD LUCK JENNY

why do people think its that we as a club should be airing our dirty laundary out in public ? there must be another way of doing rather doing this in front of the trillions of people who read this forum ?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Newtown Jets fan said:
why do people think its that we as a club should be airing our dirty laundary out in public ? there must be another way of doing rather doing this in front of the trillions of people who read this forum ?

I agree entirely

Mr_Smith

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:

I agree entirely

people at newtpwn dont like it when people tell them the truth!!! you can sit in your ivory towers thinking the world is great but it aint my friend

52dblack

Juniors
Ball_Licker said:
Thank you Die hard, I do not work in accounts receivable though but rather in developing policy and procedures for the company I work for and ensuring that all policy is followed through. I work closely with the marketing arm of the business for our Asia Pacific arm and travel a lot as well. Henson is my relaxation so I love having a KB and cheer with the boys on the hill.

I think any supporter worth his salt should ask questions of the board of where we are heading and what is happening.

Can anyone name the board, I assume Glen O'Dwyer is one but who else and are you happy with how they have run the place.

Fanny, I find the reports to be dull and there is more to the club than where we play and when. I guess you have a point about communist Russia as it is said to win a war control the media. I guess he does not control here so he would be disappointed.
Club Direction: Retro

The club likes its clothing line is going backwards and out the back door fast!!!! It is a fact that certain board members are afraid of change and unfortunately to detriment of the Bluebags is being run like a rerun of the 70's show The Benny Hill Show: rolled out without no real purpose or direction and sadly a lot of people are getting sick and tired of the carryon!!!!

as the great Gough once said: IT'S TIME! for a change to make a difference

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
:lol: we got everyone from Bumper & the Kremlin through to Benny Hill & Gough! the comedic value alone is worth the reading! :lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
THEGROUNDANNOUNCER said:
I agree, but if it is why nwould they differ in opinions so regulary?

What has happened is wrong in my eyes, I have taken the time to contact the club and credit should be paid when credit is due, Jenny was more than pleasant when I spoke to her and would not give to many details as in to what went on behind the scenes, I wish her all the very best in the future and would like to think the directors who pushed her would at least be men enough to accept there responsabilitys as board members and give us supporters the reason behind their actions!

GOOD LUCK JENNY

It would appear that it is either the same person, or friends and family of certain persons no longer employed. I have no idea what happened Re this incident. The club tells US f**k all and always have.

One thing is for sure there would be NO club or team without us supporters. Whether is be those whom have grown up since infants at sacred Henson back in the old days watching the Royal Blue run around, or those new supporters who have grown to love what we all love, our Bluebags running around and being competable.

If anything, all of this nonsense may have brought this FACT into the mind scope of certain officials within the club, who from time to time seem to be in denial of this.

I always go to Henson hungry so I can spend my money on a lunch from the canteen and in doing so support the club. I buy raffle tickets even though I never fricken win and am left standing there wondering why Sammy has not yet returned all of those raffle tickets to the draw bucket as yet, although they are drawing the winners out. :x

I buy merchandise from the ground even though I know I will rarely wear some of the items, and they may sit in the draw of cherished stuff somewhere in my home. And in doing so I am supporting my club.

I buy so many fricken coasters, that I would have to invite the near visinity over for a beer if they were all to be utilised at once, because I know the money will go towards my club.

I spread the word to friends about Henson and the Jets. Bring multitudes to the games over the years. From mates and family , to people I met on a train, or a bus stop who commented at my jets jersey, and I told them we still existed, and then saw them at the ground the following weekend.

I buy a season package every year even though I know I will struggle to make most home games this year as I moved to Canberra just prior to the season tickets coming on sale. Though the money supports the Bluebags.

I could keep going on, but I think the point is made. The fans passion and love of their club should not be underestimated.

I doubt we will be told f**k all though mate.

2 True Blues

Coach
Mr_Smith said:
people at newtpwn dont like it when people tell them the truth!!! you can sit in your ivory towers thinking the world is great but it aint my friend

Now analyse this sentence guys and gals.

" People " at Newtown.. ( So you do not, or no longer consider yourself a Newtown person as such ????????????? ).

Yet in your mind those that are sit in Ivory towers in your experience ???? :-k :-k :-k :-k

2 True Blues said:
It would appear that it is either the same person, or friends and family of certain persons no longer employed. I have no idea what happened Re this incident. The club tells US f**k all and always have.

One thing is for sure there would be NO club or team without us supporters. Whether is be those whom have grown up since infants at sacred Henson back in the old days watching the Royal Blue run around, or those new supporters who have grown to love what we all love, our Bluebags running around and being competable.

If anything, all of this nonsense may have brought this FACT into the mind scope of certain officials within the club, who from time to time seem to be in denial of this.

I always go to Henson hungry so I can spend my money on a lunch from the canteen and in doing so support the club. I buy raffle tickets even though I never fricken win and am left standing there wondering why Sammy has not yet returned all of those raffle tickets to the draw bucket as yet, although they are drawing the winners out. :x

I buy merchandise from the ground even though I know I will rarely wear some of the items, and they may sit in the draw of cherished stuff somewhere in my home. And in doing so I am supporting my club.

I buy so many fricken coasters, that I would have to invite the near visinity over for a beer if they were all to be utilised at once, because I know the money will go towards my club.

I spread the word to friends about Henson and the Jets. Bring multitudes to the games over the years. From mates and family , to people I met on a train, or a bus stop who commented at my jets jersey, and I told them we still existed, and then saw them at the ground the following weekend.

I buy a season package every year even though I know I will struggle to make most home games this year as I moved to Canberra just prior to the season tickets coming on sale. Though the money supports the Bluebags.

I could keep going on, but I think the point is made. The fans passion and love of their club should not be underestimated.

I doubt we will be told f**k all though mate.

:clap:

Mr_Smith

Juniors
2 True Blues said:
Now analyse this sentence guys and gals.

" People " at Newtown.. ( So you do not, or no longer consider yourself a Newtown person as such ????????????? ).

Yet in your mind those that are sit in Ivory towers in your experience ???? :-k :-k :-k :-k

I do consider myself a newtown person and I amd a life long supporter. Supporters are the life blood and open communictaion is important. Other "people" at newtown dont like being towld the truth and sometimes that even means the supporters!!

I agree with 2TB about not being told anything. Its seems the club is a closed shop unless the supporters get behind those trying to make a change!

There is no doubt there has been great work done over the years by all concerned but there is a limite to everyones capacity to continue

Jeffles

Bench
I'm a director of the club but I am my own person. It's not hard to figure out which director I am - look at my nickname and then look at the list of names provided on each Annual Report. I've thought hard about posting something so here it is.

I am writing this from my own point of view and not on behalf of any board member. Some board members will be sh*tty at me putting up this reply. I will address not only what is in this thread but in others. I do not have time to address each issue specifically but I will say this;

* Some of the issues raised in these posts appear to be clutching at straws - The SMH Article "The Curse of the Newtown Jets" was a tongue-in-cheek piece. Other ones are re-hashing things that have been brought up and resolved in the past. Some issues however are of real concern and some board members are as unhappy as the posters here. I'm not going to expand on that. A forum is not the appropriate place.

* The board is a diverse group of men offering diverse talents. They are not all perfect. I will not defend all of them because frankly, they do not all deserve to be defended - especially with some of the points raised. I'm just saying that it is unfair to tar all directors
with the same brush.

* Newtown members are free to come to AGMs and raise questions. The past two AGM's have featured some questions that directors have been genuinely uncomfortable in answering but they were allowed to be asked and will be allowed to be asked in the future.

* Can we cut the bad language in this thread? People of all ages read it and it is inapporpriate - save that talk for the pub.

2 True Blues

Coach
Jeffles said:
I'm a director of the club but I am my own person. It's not hard to figure out which director I am - look at my nickname and then look at the list of names provided on each Annual Report. I've thought hard about posting something so here it is.

I am writing this from my own point of view and not on behalf of any board member. Some board members will be sh*tty at me putting up this reply. I will address not only what is in this thread but in others. I do not have time to address each issue specifically but I will say this;

*** Why would some board members be sh*tty at you putting up a reply to perfectly legitimate questions being raised by supporters who keep the club running ???***

Some of the issues raised in these posts appear to be clutching at straws - The SMH Article "The Curse of the Newtown Jets" was a tongue-in-cheek piece. Other ones are re-hashing things that have been brought up and resolved in the past. Some issues however are of real concern and some board members are as unhappy as the posters here. I'm not going to expand on that. A forum is not the appropriate place.

*** What are the board members unhappy about amd why are they unhappy with the jets in the eight ??? ( Whats doin ??? )***

*** I agree the forum is not the appropriate place. But for payed members of the club perhaps a private email thru email address's already known would be a sign of respect and courtesy to say the farkin least ***

* The board is a diverse group of men offering diverse talents. They are not all perfect. I will not defend all of them because frankly, they do not all deserve to be defended - especially with some of the points raised. I'm just saying that it is unfair to tar all directors
with the same brush.

** Why do they not deserve to be defended, so there is obviously a problem worthy of mention via email then ??? FFS !!!! ***

* Newtown members are free to come to AGMs and raise questions. The past two AGM's have featured some questions that directors have been genuinely uncomfortable in answering but they were allowed to be asked and will be allowed to be asked in the future.

*** Zeek farkin hile ***

* Can we cut the bad language in this thread? People of all ages read it and it is inapporpriate - save that talk for the pub.

:-# =; f**k it !!

Latest posts