What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why isnt Dave Talyor in oz squd

Robbie 12

Juniors
why isnt Dave Talyor in oz squd .....I was thinking does any one should know or think that Dave should be in the Oz team .....he should be in place of brett White at least

Last edited:

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
why isnt Dave Talyor in oz squd .....I was thinking does any one should know or think that Dave should be in the Oz team .....he should be in place of brett White at least
Should be in in front of Shillington,Gallen & Lewis it stinks OH I forgot he is now a Souths player tha's why McCarthy has to answer for this bungle remember back in 1967 when he was omitted from the Kangaroos and they gave his spot to that useless Goldspink and the media went ape,They media even payed for him to go over & follow the tour. You have a short memory Bobby Boy.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You will find it is a qld selector thing. They have seats at the aussie one. Nsw was not the problem in this instance.
Qld want him in soo first.

He will get there.

Robbie 12

Juniors
Should be in in front of Shillington,Gallen & Lewis it stinks OH I forgot he is now a Souths player tha's why McCarthy has to answer for this bungle remember back in 1967 when he was omitted from the Kangaroos and they gave his spot to that useless Goldspink and the media went ape,They media even payed for him to go over & follow the tour. You have a short memory Bobby Boy.

Man I agree with you Appin He should be at least in front of shillington

rabbit0h8

Juniors
i was very surprised he wasnt in the team especially consndering some of the guys that did somehow make it. There is no way Shilington should have made the squad ahead of Taylor. Taylor single-handedly dragged the broncos into the semis and tore apart countless teams for the second half of the year. Shillington hardly did a thing all year. Im sick of Souths being snubbed from rep duties.

Paul Hewson

Juniors
To be fair I think there is a few guys that should be there before Taylor. But I do think that Taylor should have been picked before Shillington.

Dave Q

Coach
To be fair I think there is a few guys that should be there before Taylor. But I do think that Taylor should have been picked before Shillington.

Only Sutto and Crocker made it to the train-on squad.

Im pleased Taylor didnt make it. Gives him something to strive for next year.

Its an obvious rip-off for him.

Seems like Sheensy doesnt want to chance his arm with only 25 spots available.

With the predicted injuries and send-offs, he has to get some players to cover 2 or 3 spots.

Seems that Taylor would have fitted the bill.

He can play any forward possie he is given and cover 2 spots in centres if required.

You know I wouldnt be surprised to see him at lock next year.

For a big strong guy, he has some astonishing zip. And he wants to run free. Thats him in his element, bursting through tackles, challenging backs out wide. He loves it and we love watching him do it.

"Born Free" thats big Dave.

He will find the love, respect and friendship at our club especially endearing and heart-warming.

We are not just a club, its like a big family. Dysfunctional at times, sure, but we are all together when it really counts.

He will enjoy not being treated as just another "assett" to squeeze wealth from. A whole new and richly furfilling world awaits him.

By joining Souths he has made the best decision a player can make.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Dave Taylor is in no way deserving of an Austrlian jersey right now.

Having said that i think its incredibly pathetic that Shillington and White have been selected.

Brett White is soft he spends more time on his back than nay other prop, im surprised his back isnt permanantly green.

He shouldn't have been there obviously. Whilst White and a few others shouldn't be there, players like Matt Scott, Nate Myles, Ash Harrison would all deserve a spot ahead of Taylor. Next year if he keeps his head down and works hard, he's every chance to make it in the QLD squad.

skeepe

Immortal
You guys obviously have never seen Shillington play, or you wouldn't have made such ridiculous comments.

NGR

Juniors
You guys obviously have never seen Shillington play, or you wouldn't have made such ridiculous comments.

i have watched plenty of games this year, and plenty of canberra games... he is decent, but there is a reason why the consensus on shillington beating players like taylor is a negative one...

coach

The Poms, Kiwis and French made it known they did want Big Dave in the Australian team.

Sugar

Bench
He shouldn't have been there obviously. Whilst White and a few others shouldn't be there, players like Matt Scott, Nate Myles, Ash Harrison would all deserve a spot ahead of Taylor. Next year if he keeps his head down and works hard, he's every chance to make it in the QLD squad.
Nate Myles deserve a spot? You gotta be sh*ttin me

Latest posts