What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Joey was wrong

Hurriflatch

Referee
Apparently the ball will be presented to Johns at Newcastle this week

with the team in NZ I'm not sure who will be going up tho

The Engineers Room

First Grade
This is just another reason why Sterling was a better player. His sportsmanship. Not to mention more skill and better reading of the game than Johns.

Parra Guru

Coach
Isn't Johns fortunate to have his Brother on the footy show to defend him? Wouldn't it be nice if Thurston etc had the same luxury?

It's also funny how they're allowed to bag out Slats and Warren Smith for saying what everyone else is thinking.

Utey

Coach
How funny was the tension between Slats and Joey?!? Pissed myself when I watched it.

Parra Guru

Coach
I heard Slats was on there and Joey was being a bit of a turd towards him because of what Slats said about the 20twenty crap

strider

Post Whore
<UPtheEELS> said:
How funny was the tension between Slats and Joey?!? Pissed myself when I watched it.
i reckon - joey wouldn't even look at him - i think joey was thinking "I know where i'd like to stick this cricket bat I am holding" :lol: .... i didn't read what slats wrote about it - but i assume it wasn't overly friendly :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Slats only said it was a joke that they've given Joey an opportunity to represent his state ahead of a younger guy who deserves it more..it's a bloody valid arguement, Slats shouldn't have to explaiin himself.

f**k joey!! and f**k chief and Matty for making Joey out as a poor little boy..

f**ken sh*ts me..that show sometimes.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not sure if I'm making too much out of it but when Matty (not Reg) was talking to Joey there were a couple of comments the 2 made in regards to WArren Smith's comments which they had talked about after mentioning Hayne's performance

Matty: "Did any of the comments during the week bite you"
Joey: "Most of them were just water of a Ducks back"

eelandia

Juniors
The only person that seemingly isn't ready to throw Joey out with the bath water is Jason Taylor (and genuinely too, if all the interviews with him this week are an indication)....and me.

Anything to bag a champion. Accusations attacking his personality, etc show ulterior motives imo.

eelandia

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Not sure if I'm making too much out of it but when Matty (not Reg) was talking to Joey there were a couple of comments the 2 made in regards to WArren Smith's comments which they had talked about after mentioning Hayne's performance

Matty: "Did any of the comments during the week bite you"
Joey: "Most of them were just water of a Ducks back"

Waz is out of control. If it isn't the Pumpkin (of which the ex-players on the panel are clearly embarrassed to be associated with), it is this. I'd take umbrage if a commentator questioned my integrity, which I believe has happened.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I didn't mean them comment on Smith himself

just the words they used

saying bite you just after talking about Hayne who got in trouble for viting someone.

water off a ducks back - there was a duck on the ground at the Eels v Knights game

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
I didn't mean them comment on Smith himself

just the words they used

saying bite you just after talking about Hayne who got in trouble for viting someone.

water off a ducks back - there was a duck on the ground at the Eels v Knights game

ffs Flatch get out of the Twillight zone..you reading too much into it.

Parra Guru

Coach
eelavation said:
Slats only said it was a joke that they've given Joey an opportunity to represent his state ahead of a younger guy who deserves it more..it's a bloody valid arguement, Slats shouldn't have to explaiin himself.

f**k joey!! and f**k chief and Matty for making Joey out as a poor little boy..

f**ken sh*ts me..that show sometimes.

Exactly right, he's a 32 year old grown man. He should face up to the fact that it was wrong.

The cricket fiasco is also a load of sh*t. Anyone who is a passionate cricket tragic would feel the same. Slater was spot on. Joey should really stop this sooking sh*t. It may work for a 4 y.o. but it's not cute when a 32 y.o. is sulking.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Joey has achieved more than about 95% of current NRL players..he's a champion on the field and I more than happy to stand there and applaud his feats..I was also willing and looking forwards to the presentation and primed myself against the railings of the KT stand to view it..but he decided to POQ out of the there.

The bad wrap he's copped all week is deserved...