What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why no names on the Blues' jumpers?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Names on the backs of jerseys seems to have been the norm since Origin began, but did anyone else notice the Blues had replaced players names with sponsorship?

Anyone know why?

hellteam

First Grade
Disgraceful IMO. Can't believe more hasn't been said.

there's been heaps of discussion in the jersey thread. It's stupid they didn't have them. For a second there before qld ran out I was scared we wouldn't have them, but no we did of course

Tigger Madness

Juniors
It was a request made by the players. They also asked if they could wear full-face balaclavas but that was denied.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Something Stickysaid about unifying the team they're not individual players they're a team?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
And to make it worse the sponsor of NSW is VB! Oh dear...

If it is a no individual thing thats pathetic. SHould still be able to instill that belief without stripping the jerseys of their name.

I think it has something to do with the fact that whoever prints the names on the back can't possibly keep up with the name changes.
Technology is only so fast.

Mr Fourex

Bench
And to make it worse the sponsor of NSW is VB! Oh dear...

Victorian Bitter .........NSW sponsor :lol:

Can NSW management get any more ridiculous

TBH the jersey no name / no individual thing sounds the likely reason.

Sticky's heart 's in the right place but he's got such a f**ked up way of going about things.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Ummmm, you do know that XXXX is owned by Lion Nathan right? The same Lion Nathan that owns NSW beer Tooheys?

XXXX is widely known to be a QLD beer and Tooheys is a NSW beer. VB ....Victorian ......Swan W.A ......etc etc

Being owned by the same company doesn't mean squat.

JMO

They don't want anyone to remember who it was that played so abysmally.

I dunno why.They have unique record:The only team to have lost 5 series consecutively.I reckon that's something worth remembering. :D

POPEYE

Coach
Qld should be sponsored by VB . . . It might be bitter but Victoria is where the best Queenslanders learn to play

IMO the jerseys should be like this

SPONSOR
-----------
NAME
-----------
NUMBER
----------
POSITION
---------
TEAM THEY PLAY FOR

so example:

VB
---
Minichiello
---
---
Fullback
---
Roosters

Jason Maher

Immortal
Would you want to put your name to the Bluess jersey at this point in time? I would, but I'm mad, and it's a meaningless gesture as Ben Creagh displayed more football talent backing away from Hodges than I ever did.

The worst thing about the VB sponsorship is the slogan on the back. "VB: the real beer for NSW." I bought a retro jersey for that reason alone (oh, and the $60 price difference and stupid design and material of the new one).

Dragon2010

First Grade

SPONSOR
-----------
NAME
-----------
NUMBER
----------
POSITION
---------
TEAM THEY PLAY FOR

so example:

VB
---
Minichiello
---
---
Fullback
---
Roosters

Agree with the position part but not the club part it's the NSW blues not each individual player from a team bought together it will bring out groups among the team based on a club level.

Hopefully they put them on this time.

Pierced Soul

First Grade

SPONSOR
-----------
NAME
-----------
NUMBER
----------
POSITION
---------
TEAM THEY PLAY FOR

so example:

VB
---
Minichiello
---
---
Fullback
---
Roosters

i think you should also add stuff like stats, date of birth,. star sign, what type of car they drive, shoe size and whetehr they're left or right handed.

plus they need to make several jersey's inc ase they swap positions on the field so if mini goes to wing he needs to change to a 'wing' jersey before he's allowed to get involved in the play

Hutty1986

Immortal
i think you should also add stuff like stats, date of birth,. star sign, what type of car they drive, shoe size and whetehr they're left or right handed.

plus they need to make several jersey's inc ase they swap positions on the field so if mini goes to wing he needs to change to a 'wing' jersey before he's allowed to get involved in the play

Maybe they can also include some of their preferred attacking plays too. Gaz could have 'right foot step' or 'pre-game spurt,' Pearce could have 'fall over the line after my team mates create an opportunity' or 'easily identifiable inside pass'