What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Raiders fans should go for Queensland...

birdsteeth

Juniors
dragonfly said:
Hmmm

If only posts like this one were as rare as birds teeth!. Mr Teeth, disloyalty in todays game is a very unfair term, especially when the likes of Stuart (of whom i have no great love for) and Clyde were squeezed out by affordability problems created the by salary cap. Canberra is as you put it Neautral, but so was belgium and if you think in the event of Victoria raiding the ACT that Queensland would jump to your rescue you must be kidding. We would help because Canberra is GIRT by NSW.

I am a Dragon man but Wally Fullerton Smith, Mark Coyne, Craig Smith, Rod Reddy, Gordy Tallis and Wayne Bartrim were always on their own come origin.

Your decision to follow Queensland is your right as much as Crisp Grissle has a right to sell real estate but you call to arms of all Raiders is unwarranted and ludicrous.

I do however concur on the Manly point.

So get off your soap box turn coat and let the public servants make up their own mind.

Go the Blues!!!

Very eloquently put Dragonfly, (though I do suggest you use a spell-checker next time...neautral??) I was in no way suggesting that the players I named were disloyal. If you read closely you'll see that I was merely saying that the Queenslanders amongst the Raiders squads were more loyal.

If you look through the history of the Raiders, some of them accepted substantial pay cuts in 1991 to stay with the Raiders after being offered huge sums from other clubs (Steve Walters and Mal Meninga included). That's the sort of spirit that exists in the Queensland camp to this day.

I'm not suggesting that people should be swayed either way on what state to go for, or to switch sides. I'm just putting a few facts out there that might make Raiders fans think, "hmmm, why do I go for NSW? Phil Gould is an idiot and the side used to have Geoff Toovey in it....Have I been wrong all these years? Could I have made a drastic mistake in blindly supporting the Blues just 'cause I loved Clydey when I played lock for the Under Fifteen's Cowra Magpies! And Dad won't let me go for 'em."

That's all I'm saying.

Raider_69

Post Whore
at times ive found it extremely difficult to go for the blues. due to the personal in their squad, but blues to the core

dragonfly

Bench
Mr Teeth
It seems you pay more attention to my spelling than you do your football. Geoff Toovey was a wally and a Manly player but do you deny that he was pound for pound one of the toughest ever?. But in light of previous selections of such loyal people like Papua New Guinea international Adrian Lam, and Kiwi International Craig Smith you probably have valid points why would i want to follow a STATE OF ORIGIN team that only selects from Australian international players. That would be nuts.

"Could I have made a drastic mistake in blindly supporting the Blues just 'cause I loved Clydey"

What would be a mistake in this? What is wrong with a young under 15 lock having a hero and following his every move and team, be it for the Cowra Magpies or the Cuccumgilliga Sheep Dippers?.

Maybe a little too much os the old AFL in you head way over there in the West Eh!

Attn: Christmas Ape - Staying out of this one eh!......... Sook!

jed

First Grade
dragonfly said:
"Could I have made a drastic mistake in blindly supporting the Blues just 'cause I loved Clydey"

What would be a mistake in this? What is wrong with a young under 15 lock having a hero and following his every move and team, be it for the Cowra Magpies or the Cuccumgilliga Sheep Dippers?.
One of the greatest things about Origin is that loyalties can't be bought, sold or traded. There was not even a snowball's chance in hell of Clyde ever playing in anything other than a sky blue jersey.

Raider Azz

Bench
i don't support the blues at the moment for two reasons:

1) the attitude of some sydney-siders towards canberra
2) i dispise many of the players picked in the squad

if a raiders player were picked for NSW in the not-to-distant future i could change my mind.

if you don't like that, deal with it. i can support whoever the hell i want for whatever reason i want

greenhat

Juniors
People saying they go for QLD because Sydneysiders rag on Canberra, I don't think have spent much time in Brisbane.

Paullyboy

Coach
I go for Queensland either way, but now Ive got even more reason. The man known simply as Egg Mogg.

langpark

First Grade
greenhat said:
People saying they go for QLD because Sydneysiders rag on Canberra, I don't think have spent much time in Brisbane.
:? We don't bag Canberra in Brisbane. Most ppl here supported them til Broncos came in and many of us have a soft spot for canberra. It always get a good turnout at Suncorp each year, with plenty of Green Machine supporters (who are Brisbane based)

Latest posts