What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the end of season losing-streaks?

Dazzat

First Grade
Why not just combine the wingers we already have ...

The speed of Bott
The size of Topou
The height of Minto
The experience of Stu Kelly

Ha ha ha ha ho ho ho (Evil laugh)

glory79

Juniors
I think the reason is consistently having the same players on the field week in week out. Look at the sides that have won the comp in the last few years:

Bulldogs 2004: No major injuries in the last 10 weeks

Penrith 2003: No major injuries all year

Now look at the sides left in the comp this year:

Dragons, Tigers, Melbourne, Parra (besides Hindmarsh) : No major injuries in the past three months

The Broncos have had their 5/8, props, centres in and out in the past 6 games which causes trouble with combinations. The other sides have been playing together in major positions for the past two-three months.

Big Pete

Referee
Bluesbreaker, when you lose two first class wingers we are surely going to be worse then what we used to be, that's all we're saying.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
Wingers don't make a team.

no they dont, but on kick returns and taking the ball up (pressure off the forwards) those 2 bronco players were without peer in their time compared to other wingers.
Change that for Minto and Kelly and you are telling me the broncos are not at a disadvantage? I dont think so.
Add to that they (lot and wend) were some of the best finishers in the game.
Minto and Kelly couldnt finish a maths exam even if they had the answers in front of them let alone finish off a scoring play.
Bott is still very young and green.
Wendall and Lote were and are definately missed.

Azkatro

First Grade
Gordy underscored the point in the papers today. People have maybe been overestimating the Broncos of today because they've had legends for so long. I think it's a credit to the club and the kind of impact those early premierships have had on the competition - Canberra had an absolute swathe of legends in the late 80's and 1990's but carry little to none of the aura to this day. Yes they've still got a few internationals in the backline in guys like Tate and Berrigan, but there are so many good centres in the game these days (Gasnier, Cooper, King, Tonga, et. al) that there's every chance someone out there in form is capable of making them look silly on their day. And in the past where they were bolstered by legends on the wings which would have made ALL the difference, they don't have that now.

Imagine how good Gasnier and Cooper would look if they had Lote and Sailor in their primes outside them? Better than the current Broncos centres would IMO.

Ghoulies

Bench
Azkatro said:
Gordy underscored the point in the papers today. People have maybe been overestimating the Broncos of today because they've had legends for so long. I think it's a credit to the club and the kind of impact those early premierships have had on the competition - Canberra had an absolute swathe of legends in the late 80's and 1990's but carry little to none of the aura to this day. Yes they've still got a few internationals in the backline in guys like Tate and Berrigan, but there are so many good centres in the game these days (Gasnier, Cooper, King, Tonga, et. al) that there's every chance someone out there in form is capable of making them look silly on their day. And in the past where they were bolstered by legends on the wings which would have made ALL the difference, they don't have that now.

Imagine how good Gasnier and Cooper would look if they had Lote and Sailor in their primes outside them? Better than the current Broncos centres would IMO.
I've felt that for a while now, particuarly when we're in these slumps and the "experts" are never willing to write us off, regardless of how poorly we're playing.

Wingers don't make a team, but poor wingers cost you matches, and of recent times our wingers have been poor defensively, and offered little in attack.

We could solve a problem with having Tate or Hodges on a wing, but there have only been a handful of matches this season where the both of them have actually played in the same match.

Striker

Juniors
tate and hodges need to be back in the centres, i dont know where berrigan could go... maybe use him with his brother and rotate the hookers

Latest posts